4 Best Automatic Dog Ball Launchers 
If you’ve ever gotten tired of playing fetch with your dog or needed to end early, given your busy schedule, you’ll appreciate automatic dog ball launchers.
Automatic dog ball launchers provide a straightforward way for owners to play with or supervise their dogs while letting a machine do the work of throwing the ball for them.
No time to read? Here are the top 4 auto dog ball launchers we tested.
This way, you can catch up with the people you’re with, complete work on your laptop, or even spend some time reading without feeling bad about leaving your dog wishing for more playtime.
The best automatic dog ball launchers are efficient, portable, easy to use, and safe for your dogs.
We’ll outline four of the best automatic dog ball launchers in this article so that you can choose which one will be most suitable for your specific dog!
1. All for Paws Interactive Automatic Ball Launcher for Dogs
The All for Paws Automatic Ball Launcher is perfect for puppies and small dogs with small mouths, as it is a mini-sized launcher that fits two-inch balls.
- Design for Fun: All For Paws Interactive Ball Launcher is an automatic fetching machine that can be used by dog and owner or just the dog. The launcher features make independent play easy and fun, all...
- Launch Distance Adjustable: The ball launcher can launch the ball 10, 20 or 30 feet, which can easily be changed with the push of a button.
- 3 Tennis Balls Included: Please ONLY use our All for Paw 2 inch tennis balls to avoid function disability, other brand tennis balls are not compatible. And always keep the ball clean and dry.
- ADVICE OF USE: Always supervise your dog while playing. Some toys may be inappropriate for your dog. Remove and replace the toy if it becomes damaged.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Your satisfaction is our priority. All our products are backed by 1-year warranty, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
You can choose launching distance—between 10, 20, and 30 feet—and the distance is easy to adjust with a quick push of a button.
This way, your pup can start short and work up to a longer distance, or you can adjust it based on their current energy levels.
This launcher also comes with three two-inch-sized tennis balls, but keep in mind that you can only use the All for Paws branded balls as they are the only ones that work for this device.
The main complaint about the All for Paws dog ball launcher is that it can be very noisy and irritating to some dogs.
But if anything goes wrong, you have a one-year warranty and money-back guarantee to protect your purchase.
- Easy to adjust distance with button
- Three distance options
- Two-inch balls suitable for smaller dogs
- One-year warranty
- Compatible with only All for Paws balls
- Noisy and might frighten or irritate dogs
2. iFetch Interactive Ball Launchers for Dogs
One of the most practical and best automatic dog ball launchers overall is the iFetch Interactive Ball Launcher for Dogs due to its long-distance settings, randomized distance options, internal rechargeable battery, and overall high performance.
- Interactive, on demand ball launcher that lets dogs play fetch to their hearts' content
- Runs on a built-in, rechargeable battery
- Comes with three 3 non-abrasive, pet-safe tennis balls
- Strengthens the bond between dogs and their humans and brings a fun new twist to the familiar game of fetch
The distance options include 10, 25, and 40 feet, appropriate for medium-to-large or very active dogs.
A standout feature of the iFetch launcher is the ability to set the distance to “random.” This feature offers more flexibility, excitement, and fun to the game of fetch for your dog because it’ll keep them guessing about where the ball will end up.
Additionally, it launches the ball immediately upon placement, which differs from other launchers that might wait a few seconds before launching.
This specification may help prevent your dog from getting hit when waiting for the ball to launch, although training your dog to drop the ball in from behind is still a good idea.
Plus, the iFetch is exceptionally portable and durable, allowing you to easily take it with you to the park, camping, or other fun outdoor spaces.
It’s a bit of a downside that the power automatically turns off after 60 seconds of not receiving the ball back. This feature presumably saves battery but puts time pressure on your dog and may leave them confused if it turns off and you’re not there to turn it back on.
Plus, the throwing mechanism in the machine does not rotate as well when the ball is wet or dented, which means this device might not work as well for dogs who like to chew and drool a lot on their ball after fetching it.
However, the iFetch dog launcher won first place in the dog category of the New Product Showcase at the SuperZoo, so it has credibility beyond reviews.
- Easy to adjust distance with three buttons
- Three distance options—long 40 feet included
- Immediate ball launch
- 60-second auto-off
- Does not work as well with wet or dented balls
3. PetSafe Automatic Dog Launcher for Bored Dogs
PetSafe’s Automatic Dog Launcher is one of the best automatic dog ball launchers for dog owners concerned about safety.
- SAFETY: Multiple sensors keep you and your dog safe; a FRONT MOTION SENSOR protects pets and people standing up to 7 feet in front of the launch area and reinforces safely loading balls into the side...
- DISTANCE: Launcher throws between 8-30 feet; has 9 distance settings and 6 angle settings; pull out and twist angle knob and distance knob to adjust the launcher’s range; TURN KNOBS LEFT FOR MAX...
- PAUSE: The Automatic Ball Launcher features a 15 minute rest interval after 15 minutes of play; the rest period ensures dogs aren’t playing past the point of exhaustion
- OPTIONS: The PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher can be used both indoors and outside to entertain and exercise your dogs; begin use outdoors as an introduction; use the included power cord or 6 D cell...
- FLEXIBILITY: The PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher works best with standard size tennis balls 2 5/8” in diameter but can be used with smaller tennis-type balls; up to 3 balls can be loaded at a time
This launcher comes equipped with multiple sensors to keep both dogs and their owners safe from quick and powerful launches for up to seven feet in front of the launch area.
Like most dog launchers, this machine has different distance settings, but it has nine settings between eight and 30 feet instead of the standard three options.
Plus, it also has six different angle settings, so you can play around with it and make the launcher increasingly exciting and versatile for your dog’s entertainment.
Further, the PetSafe Launcher has a pause feature in which it automatically pauses for 15 minutes after the dog has played for fifteen minutes straight. This is another safety feature, as it ensures that your dog won’t over-exhaust themselves.
If those weren’t enough features, there are also audible tones that indicate when the ball is about to launch, when the motion detection delay occurs, and when the 15 minute rest period has begun. These tones are helpful in the training process.
One slight downfall of this brand’s ball launcher is that it is a battery-operated device, is not rechargeable, and does not come with the six D cell batteries it needs.
Additionally, if your dog is used to tennis balls or squishy toy balls, the plastic material that PetSafe uses for their balls might not be as attractive or exciting for your dog.
- Multiple safety motion sensors
- Nine distance settings
- Six angle settings
- Pause feature for 15-minute rest
- Audible indicator tones
- No internal rechargeable battery
- The plastic material used may not be as attractive to your dog as other types of ball material
4. IDOGMATE Dog Ball Launcher
The Dog Ball Launcher by IDOGMATE is an excellent choice for owners of large dogs, given its 8.75” launch height.
- Made For BIG DOG -- The big machine is suitable for mid sized and big dogs with 3 pieces 2.5-inch diameter healthy pet tennis balls(Our pet use balls adopted food-grade healthy organic paste...
- Money saving -- IDOGMATE is powered by AC Adapter or Rechargeable Batteries, Li-ion Battery support 250 shot each full recharging, Red light will turn steady green when fully charged.
- Remote Control -- Adjust speed options by a remote controller or click the machine button directly,speed adjustable function will be perfect for indoor & outdoor exercise. Remote control can be used...
- iDogmate Big dog launcher balls are 2.5 inches in diameter. They are felted like tennis balls, but made for dogs and are non-abrasive on their teeth.
- Excellent Engineering Design -- Durable, arced wheels to prevent a wet or slobbery ball from being stuck and to furthest ensure the shooting distance. (Pls don't use warped, twisted or broken ball in...
It’s a relatively high-tech option, with a rechargeable battery that can last for around 250 shots and arced wheels that prevent slobbery balls from getting stuck like they might with the iFetch launcher.
However, using a highly dented ball in this machine is still not acceptable.
And although IDOGMATE claims that the balls themselves are of high quality and are compatible with chewy play, some users experienced dented balls within just a few uses.
The balls also ensure safety, as IDOGMATE created them using food-grade healthy organic paste technology.
This launcher is also fantastic for both outdoor and indoor use with the help of remote control that easily allows the owner to adjust the distance as well as the speed of the ball.
- Rechargeable and lasting battery
- Compatible with slobbery balls
- Food-grade technology used for balls
- Remote control for distance and speed adjustments
- Balls are not as durable as suggested
- Does not accept dented or split balls
As you can see, there are multiple excellent options for dog ball launchers, and which one you choose will depend on which factors you wish to prioritize.
You can select one that responds well to wet balls if your dog likes to chew and slobber on them before returning.
Or you may prefer a smaller option like the All for Paws mini launcher if you have a small dog or puppy.
The number, type, and ease of selecting different options, including distance, speed, and angle, might also influence which of these options will be the best automatic dog ball launcher for your dog.
Whichever you choose, we hope you and your dog have loads of fun playing this more modern version of catch!