As a Doodle owner, one of the worst things that can happen is having a matted dog. This can cause discomfort and make it difficult for them to move around.
Here, I will be discussing the four best dematting tools for Doodles available in 2022. I’ll also provide a few tips on using these tools correctly to prevent any injuries to your pet. So, keep reading if you’re worried about your Doodle becoming matted!
What Is a Dematting Tool?
A dematting tool is a grooming tool designed to work through knots and mats in your dog’s fur. It’s one of many types of dog brushes that are available. It’s designed to remove those mats and knots without cutting or damaging the coat itself.
Removing mats and tangles from your dog’s fur is vital because they can lead to skin irritation, infections, and even skin growing back into the knots, which can be painful and lead to skin infections.
There are several types of dematting tools. First, you can find ones made with a specific breed in mind, like a Labradoodle. There are also general dematting tools that are suitable for all breeds.
Finally, you can also find ones that are made for cats.
How Does a Dematting Tool Work?
The way a dematting tool works will vary, depending on the particular style. For example, some dematting tools work by pulling the hair through the teeth of the comb, while others work by pulling the hair through the teeth, then moving the comb away from the head, removing the hair from the teeth.
Some dematting tools will come with instructions, while others will be self-explanatory. If yours is the latter, continue reading to learn more about how these tools function.
If you have a dematting comb, you’ll want to start at the top of your pet’s head, moving slowly down the fur with the comb. You’ll want to go slow, primarily as you draw closer to the skin, or you could cause damage to your dog’s skin.
Some dematting tools have a brush on one side and a comb on the other. Others have a comb on both sides. You’ll want to brush your dog regularly with the side of the tool that has the brush on it while using the comb on mats and tangles.
If you notice a mat is too tight to remove with the comb, you can use the brush side to loosen it up. Be careful not to yank the mat out by the roots, as that could cause unnecessary pain and discomfort for your pet.
Why Is Your Dog Writhing With Pain?
If your dog is writhing on the ground in pain every time you try to brush him, it could be caused by mats in his fur. If he has a short coat, you should be able to brush him daily with no pain. However, you’ll have to deal with knots and mats if he has a longer coat.
If your dog has a short coat, the knots and mats will build up slowly over the weeks and months. But if he has a longer coat, they can grow significantly in a short amount of time. This can cause much pain for your Doodle and lead to infection, especially if you try to brush through them.
4 Best Dematting Tools for Dogs
Here are the four best dematting tools for Doodles.
Maxpower Planet Pet Grooming Brush – Double-Sided Shedding and Dematting Undercoat Rake Comb for Dogs and Cats – Best Overall
I have a Doodle, and anyone who has a Doodle knows that their hair is a never-ending nightmare. It mats, it tangles, and it never seems to end. I had tried every comb and brush on the market with no luck until I found this dematting tool from Maxpower Planet.
- Dual-Sided Design: Start with 9 teeth side for stubborn mats and tangles and finish with 17 teeth side for thinning and deshedding. Achieve faster and more professional dematting and grooming results
- Skin Friendly to Your Pets: Our Dematting Brush is designed with Sharpened but Fine Rounded Teeth, allows you easily and safely remove mats, tangles, knots, loose hair without irritation or scratching
- Effective Dehedding Tool:This undercoat rake gently removes loose hair, and eliminates tangles, knots, dander and trapped dirt.Perfect solution for dogs and cats with thick fur or dense double coat care
- Comfortable to Use: Lightweight and Non-Slip rubber handle for comfortable holding and stability.You will absolutely enjoy your grooming time with this pet brush
- Great Gift for All Pets Lover: Since Our deshedding rake is a multi-purpose grooming tool,a must-have pet hair Remover,it would be a great gift choice for all pets lover,they will love it for sure
The two-sided layout is perfect for getting out stubborn knots, and the side having 17 teeth is excellent for de-shedding and thinning. The best part is that it’s skin-friendly, so there’s no scratching or irritation.
It’s also lightweight and comfortable to use, so I can finally get through his hair without feeling like I’m going to lose my mind. So if you’re struggling to find a dematting tool that works, I highly recommend trying this one.
JASWELL Pet Grooming Tool- 2-Sided Undercoat Rake for Dogs & Cats – Premium Pick
Anyone who has owned a Doodle knows they are one of the most loving, joyful, intelligent dogs. They are also known for their beautiful coat. The coat of a Doodle is made up of two types of hair—the outercoat, the coarse, wiry hair, and the undercoat, which is soft like a cotton ball.
- KEEP YOUR PRECIOUS DOGS AND CATS CLEAR OF MATS AND TANGLES! The Jaswell grooming tool will work through those tough matt's and tangles working on all types of coats, dogs, cats and other long haired pets. The two sided comb helps work through stubborn matt's and providing protection without scratching the pets undercoat. The anti-slip rubber and ergonomic handle gives you comfort grip.
- 2 sided DESIGN- The 9 teeth side as a de-matting rake for stubborn matts and tangles. The 17 teeth side as an undercoat rake for faster results thinning and de-shedding. The two sided comb helps work through stubborn matt's and providing protection without scratching the pets undercoat.
- SAFE FOR YOUR PET –This design provides much safer experience than the traditional sickle shape matts combs .The tool has sharp teeth to prevent pulling hairs. The rounded ends make it safer on skin as an undercoat brush.
- HIGH QUALITY AND COMFORTABLE UAGE - Our stainless steel teeth are strong and sharp to last for years. The de-shedding brush / undercoat rake are quality controlled during the process of manufacturing. The anti-slip rubber and ergonomic handle gives you comfort-grip.
- BUY NOW WITH GUARANTEE - 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed! We offer a REPLACEMENT Grooming Tool or REFUND if you are unhappy with the product. contact us for any questions via Emails.
The undercoat is what sheds and gets matted very easily. Daily brushing is a must to keep their coats healthy and free of mats, but sometimes even with regular brushing, mats can form. That’s where the Jaswell Pet Grooming Tool comes in to save the day!
This tool has two sides, one with nine teeth for knots and one with 17 teeth for de-shedding and thinning. It is also safe for your pet because the sharp teeth are rounded at the ends to prevent pulling hairs, and the ergonomic handle provides a comfortable grip. This tool is a must-have for any Doodle owner!
GoPets Dematting Comb with 2-Sided Professional Grooming Rake for Cats & Dogs – The Alternative
As a dog owner, I am always looking for ways to make grooming my Doodle easier and less time-consuming. That’s why I was excited to try the GoPets Dematting Comb.
- The original professional quality dematting tool. Comfortably and quickly get a professionally groomed look in minutes.
- Clear all different mats and tangles. The double sided pet comb has a different number of teeth on each side. The lower density side is a dematting rake for stubborn matts and tangles. The higher density side is a detangler, deshedding tool, or undercoat rake for faster results thinning and to control shedding.
- Multiple uses with just one comb. The pet grooming tool not only works great as a dematting brush or detangling comb, but also as an undercoat comb or deshedding rake. The dematting tool for dogs and cats can comb to cut a matt or tangle then be used as a deshedding brush or deshedding comb
- A more comfortable and pleasant experience. The cat and dog brush has sharp teeth to prevent pulling hairs and the rounded ends help make it safer on sensitive skin as an undercoat brush. The non-slip silicone gel filled handle conforms to your hand no matter how you hold it makes it a unique dog and cat brush.
- Stop hurting your furry friends. Sharp stainless steel blades cut through mats and tangles instead of pulling the hair out. Plus all of the teeth have dull rounded ends so it will not scratch or irritate your pet’s skin.
This double-sided comb has different numbers of teeth on each side, making it ideal for a variety of jobs. The lower density side is perfect for stubborn mats and tangles, while the higher density side works well as a detangler, de-shedding tool, or undercoat rake.
I was impressed with how well the comb worked on my dog’s coat, and I appreciate that it has sharp teeth to prevent pulling hairs. In addition, the rounded ends make it safer on sensitive skin, and the overall design makes it very easy to use.
Overall, I highly recommend the GoPets Dematting Comb to anyone looking for an effective and easy-to-use grooming tool.
Detangling Pet Comb for Dogs & Cats – Best Budget
As a dog groomer, I always look for new products to make my job easier. So when I first saw the Detangling Pet Comb, I was intrigued. The dual-length teeth looked like they would be effective at removing knots and tangles without causing damage to the coat.
- GROOMING COMB FOR DOG OR CAT: Best dog comb or cat comb for grooming pets at home! Take a DIY approach by combing & detangling your precious pet's fur with our double length pet combs for cats & dogs.
- DUAL TEETH FOR MAX DETANGLING: Long + short teeth offer the benefits of a short tooth comb & a long tooth comb for maximum dematting & easy knot removal. No fur is left tangled when combed with this tool.
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE, ANTI-SLIP GRIP: Our vet-recommended grooming tool is perfect for hands-on pet owners. Enhanced with a rubber grip, the ergonomic handle is not only easy to maneuver; it also helps prevent slips.
- FOR LONG & SHORT HAIRED BREEDS: Due to its dual length metal teeth, this detangling comb can be used as a detangling wide tooth comb or fine tooth comb. Great choice for dogs with long hair, thick hair, short hair.
- THE RISK-FREE SHINY PET GUARANTEE: This detangling dog comb is an essential for any well stocked stash of DIY pet grooming supplies. Love it or return for a full refund if you're not 100% satisfied. Order yours now!
I was also impressed by the ergonomic design of the handle. After using this comb on a few dogs, I can say that it lives up to its claims. The teeth are sharp enough to remove knots quickly, but they are also rounded, so they don’t pull at the fur.
The handle is easy to grip and maneuver, even when your hands are wet. Overall, this is an excellent tool for any dog groomer or pet owner.
Regardless of the four best dematting tools for Doodles you choose, always be sure to read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. All of these tools are incredibly safe when used as directed but can cause injury if not used correctly.
So be patient while using one of these tools; it may take a little longer than usual to get your Doodle completely free of mats, but it will be worth it! I hope this article has helped you decide the best tool for you and that your Doodle enjoys its newly matted coat.