Best Doggie Fire Hydrants (to Pee on) 2023
At one time or another, every dog owner will find their pup answering the call of nature in an unwanted place in your yard or garden. There are times when I’ve found my dog peeing on everything from plants, garbage, trees, and walls, to other upright, inappropriate locations. Fire hydrants are a classic, less destructive example, especially for city dogs out on a walk.
If you’ve had trouble training your dog to pee in the right spot like I have, using a doggie fire hydrant to redirect their attention may be exactly what you’re looking for.
These affordable training tools are easy to install and double as storage containers for toys and other dog-related accessories (like leashes and collars). Dogs love the color, shape, and placement of toy fire hydrants. Plus, they make an ideal spot for your dog to return to, again and again, while out walking.
While it might seem hard initially, it’s relatively easy to train your dog to pee on a fire hydrant. The next time your pup goes to the bathroom, get some of their urine on a paper towel or cloth. Then, wipe it on the new fire hydrant, and the next time they go to the bathroom, they should be attracted to it!
You may need to repeat this a few times to ensure they consistently find and follow the scent. It only took two wipe-downs for my pup to pee on the fire hydrant every time we went outside.
There are a variety of doggie fire hydrants on the market. Here are our top 6 picks for the best fire hydrants for dogs to pee on.
1. Toscano QL5468 Puppy Pee Post-Dog’s Second Best Friend
The Toscano Puppy Pee Post is our number one choice if you’re looking for a fake fire hydrant post for your pup to pee on. It’s 7″D x 8″W x 14″H and works as both a training aid and a decorative feature for your yard or garden. Plus, it only weighs 2 pounds, which is easy to transport!
- FIREFIGHTER'S BEST FRIEND - This vintage collectible makes a cool birthday gift for a fire fighter or a portable ornament for the centerpiece of your pretend Christmas village display
- PERFECT PUPPY PEE POST - This multi-purpose fireman's water hydrant makes an ideal pee post markers for potty training in your outdoor dog yard or decorative indoor statue with vintage paint appeal
- HIGH-QUALITY - Hand-cast using real crushed stone bonded with durable designer resin, our doggy fire hydrant replica are topped with UV resistant rustic red paint
- DESIGN TOSCANO FIRE HYDRANTS - Exclusive to the Design Toscano brand, this cute fire plug hydrant statue makes a perfect gift for a firefighter's patio, garden lawn or man cave
- Our perfectly sized lawn fire hydrant statue measures 8"Wx7"Dx14"H. 2 lbs.
The fire hydrant is made of resin and has a stylish weathered look that gives it a vintage feel. It was designed to blend in with a garden or sidewalk. The cleverly designed base looks like sidewalk cement with grass growing through it.
2. Lulind – Dog Fire Hydrant Garden Statue
The Lulind dog fire hydrant is a great, affordable choice for anyone looking for a new training aid for their young or old pup. It comes with two garden stakes that make it easy to anchor in your yard or garden, ensuring that it’s never out of place and that your dog can’t knock it over.
- Can be used as a dog pee post or to help in potty training puppies
- Hand painted red fire hydrant replica ideal to improve your yard decor
- Comes with 2 plastic stakes to anchor it into the ground for the over-enthusiastic dog
- Durable UV resistant paint and strong resin construction safe for indoor or outdoor use
- Measures 14 x 7 x 7 inches; weighs 3.75 pounds; ships in drop proof packaging
The statue features UV-resistant paint and strong resin construction, meaning it can be used inside and outside. The statue measures 14 x 7 x 7 inches and weighs around 3.75 pounds.
3. Ylsmile – Fake Fire Hydrant for Dogs to Peed on
This is another fantastic option for anyone seeking out a fake fire hydrant for their dog to pee on. It’s larger than other options on the list and has a shinier, less-weathered appearance. It is also slightly cheaper than some of the pricier options on the market.
- Fire Hydrant for Dog to Pee on: The fake pee backyard statues can be used as a dog fire hydrant pee post or to help in potty training puppies.
- This cute fire plug hydrant statue made of durable resin with red and white distressed finish, safe for indoor or outdoor use. It makes a perfect gift for a firefighter's patio, garden lawn.
- Hand painted fire hydrant replica ideal to improve your yard decor. Save your lawn from ugly dead grass patches and create a more lively atmosphere to decorate garden.
- Decorative fire hydrant outdoor statue stands 14.5" inches, weighs Approximately 3.6 pounds. Comes with 4 plastic stakes to anchor it into the ground for the over-enthusiastic dog.
- Our dog poop trash can for outdoors is great for dog park equipment or fire hydrant puppy toy, If for some reason you are not completely satisfied, we offer full refunds and returns.
The statue comes in two sizes, 14.5” and 17.5”, allowing you to choose which size is best for your dog and your yard space. It’s made of red resin, which makes it suitable for indoor and outdoor spaces. The statue also comes with four stakes to ensure it never falls over.
So if you’re looking for a way to redirect your dog’s many trips to the backyard, this might be it!
4. Glorison Fire Hydrant for Dogs to Pee On
This slightly more expensive option is great if you’re looking for an Art-Deco-style fire hydrant for your pup to pea on. It’s 16” tall and weighs three pounds. The Glorison Fire Hydrant is also a great option for someone looking for an eco-friendly option.
- 🦴🐕Size: 16 inches (Height) X 6 inches (Diameter); Weight: 3 pounds; Material: Made of Eco-friendly resin casting and hand painted.
- 🦴🐕Installation: Rotate the hydrant button cover to the correct position, remove the cover and fill with sand to add weight and prevent breakage; place directly or nail to the lawn with stakes...
- 🦴🐕Worry-free guarantee：There is an opening at the bottom of our hydrant. The design increases the chance of breakage. If hydrant is damaged during installation, please contact us to refund or...
- 🦴🐕12-Month Return Period: If you have any questions, please feel free to contact glorison's customer service, we will help you solve all problems and make you 100% satisfied.
- 🦴🐕Optimization and improvement: hydrant base is reinforced with fiber cloth, even if the fire hydrant is filled with sand, it will not break. The included plastic stakes are replaced by iron...
You won’t have to worry about the environmental impact of the statue’s resin on your garden or yard.
There is also an opening at the bottom of the hydrant. This way, you can fill the statue with rocks or other small heavy objects to ensure that it stays planted in your yard and doesn’t fall over in a heavy wind. Glorison also offers a 12-month return period if you’re unhappy with your purchase. The statue also has plastic stakes to fit it firmly into the yard.
It is ideal for small, medium, and large dogs.
5. Toscano Fire Hydrant Statue Puppy Pee Post and Pet Storage Container
This unique option is a vintage-looking fire hydrant that also acts as a storage system for your pup’s toys. It is great for training and cleaning up what your dog may have strewn around the yard. The top part of the hydrant comes off, allowing for easy storage and removal of whatever you choose to put inside.
- FIREFIGHTER'S BEST FRIEND - These vintage collectibles make cool birthday gifts for fire fighters, portable ornaments for the centerpiece of your Christmas village display, or even office garbage cans...
- PERFECT PUPPY PEE POST - This multi-purpose fireman's water hydrant makes ideal pee post markers for potty training in your outdoor dog yard or as a decorative indoor storage container for doggie...
- HIGH-QUALITY METAL DECOR - Hand-crafted using real metal construction, our doggy fire hydrant replica is authentically hand-painted with a vintage rustic red color for an aged appearance
- DESIGN TOSCANO FIRE HYDRANTS - Exclusive to the Design Toscano brand, this cute fire plug hydrant statue makes a perfect gift for a firefighter's patio, garden lawn or fully decorated man cave.Do not...
- Our perfectly sized, large antique style fire hydrant statue measures 11.5"Wx9.5"Dx23"H. 4 lbs.
It would be a great option for the neighborhood dog park!
The Toscano fire hydrant is a good option for training your pup to pee in one specific spot while maintaining the look of your lawn. This particular product is 11.5″W x 9.5″D x 23″H and 4 pounds, making it one of the larger and heavier options on the market. This is also one of the more expensive doggie fire hydrants available today.
6. Choies Dog Fire Hydrant Statue with 4 Stakes
This 14.5” fire hydrant is a decorative lawn ornament that will make any yard more interesting. Its moderate height and price make it a great option for someone looking to test out how well their dog responds to a fire hydrant to pee on.
- PERFECT PUPPY PEE POST---This fireman's water hydrant makes ideal pee post markers for potty training in your outdoor dog yard (help potty to train puppies, small dogs, medium dogs, large dogs)or as a...
- HIGH-QUALITY RESIN--- Made of weather resistant resin (Environmentally Friendly),our doggy fake fire hydrant replica is authentically hand-painted with a vintage rustic red color for an aged...
- DOG FIRE HYDRANT GARDEN DECOR---Th Fake Dog Fire Hydrant Backyard Statue is a perfect birthday gift for fire fighters, Also,It is portable ornaments to display as a garden fire hydrant decoration,or...
- EASY PLACED--The hydrant statue can be placed in an easy-to-clean place in the garden lawn, so you don't have to worry about your dog ruining your garden by "watering" everywhere
- MEASUREMENT: The antique style fire hydrant statue is Small,Measures 14.5 inches tall, 4.7 inches wide; 3.7 pounds, a perfect size as a dog pee post
It’s great for dogs of all sizes and made of a high-quality resin that doesn’t degrade over time, even in poor weather. Choies Dog Fire Hydrant Statue with four stakes is a lightweight option that’s easy to pick up and move around. That way, you can test out the right spot for your dog to pee in your yard.
7. Potty Training Fire Hydrant
This is by far the most affordable option on our list. It’s a smaller, less-realistic fire hydrant for dogs to pee on.
- FIRE HYDRANT FOR DOGS: Our one-of-a-kind fire hydrant is perfect for giving your male dog a place to aim. Leg lifting is more natural for male dogs, and our fire hydrant is designed to help keep your...
- EASY TO USE: Simply place the hydrant in the center of your pee pad and say goodbye to messes. To weigh down the fire hydrant, fill with something dry such as pebbles, sand, rice, beans, etc.
- POTTY TRAINING: With a slightly damp paper towel, you can wipe up a urine accident in the home or slide the paper towel under your dog while they're peeing outside. Wipe the paper towel on your fire...
- TWO COLORS AVAILABLE: Our fire hydrant is available in both Red and Grey.
- MADE OF SILICONE: Our hydrants are soft and made of silicone! To weigh them down, fill with something dry such as pebbles, beans, sand, rice, etc!
Despite its smaller size and less realistic appearance, it has enough storage inside to store doggie bags and even a few toys. Or, fill it with rocks, rice, sand, beans, or other small heavy objects to keep it from falling. The hydrant is also available in grey, just in case the red is too bright for where you want to keep it.
It is only 4 x 7 inches, but you’ll feel great knowing you’re supporting a small business when you buy this product! It will also look great in your yard, no matter where you place it.
8. Sunnydaze Dog Fire Hydrant Pee Post
The Sunnydaze dog fire hydrant is a fantastic, slightly more expensive option for someone hoping to train their dog to go to the bathroom in a specific location.
It’s also one of the larger options on our list, reaching 21” in height. This may be a deal-breaker for someone interested in having a more realistic fire hydrant in their yard. You may find that the plastic, less expensive options do not have the same curb appeal as the larger, metal doggie fire hydrants.
The full dimensions of this product are 10″ W x 8.5″ D x 21.5″ H. It also weighs around three pounds. Sunnydaze offers a year-long warranty on its products.
While it looks quite heavy, it is lightweight and easy to move around the yard. But, its lighter weight does come with some cons. You may find it harder to keep in one spot without falling over, especially if you have multiple dogs running around it daily.
No matter which doggie fire hydrant you choose, you’re sure to find training your pup to pee nearby a reasonably simple business! After a few trips, your dog will know where to pee immediately and have no problem going there whenever they go outside.
Aside from the interesting curb appeal that these statues add to any yard, the fire hydrants are a far cheaper option than the long-term grass maintenance you may be faced with if your dog, like mine, tends to answer the call of nature in a new spot every time they go outside.