Let’s not beat around the bush – these are the four shampoos that match the Goldendoodle coat on the market. Detailed reviews are below.
There are three runner-ups reviewed below that are also excellent.
By consulting and surveying groomers, trainers, and actual owners of Goldendoodles and Groodles we have picked and tested the six best Goldendoodle shampoos for adult dogs and puppies.
Table of Contents
The Very Best Shampoo For Goldendoodles
The best shampoo for Goldendoodles we reviewed in 2023 was the Coconut and Aloe OATMEAL Shampoo from OodleLife. The USA-made brand has a stellar record of producing high-quality dog shampoos that condition also for Goldendoodle coats.
- Refreshes & Soothes: Like a comforting belly rub, it cleanses, conditions, detangles, and moisturizes - dog itching skin relief
- USA-Made: A top-quality, homegrown product for your furry friend.
- Soft coats - Safe, non-irritating, natural ingredients that nourish your dog’s coat. Dog bathing made easy with our oatmeal dog shampoo for allergies and itching.
- Eco-Friendly, Pure Formula: Only the good stuff, none of the bad.
- This shampoo cleanses, conditions, detangles, and moisturizes your dog’s coat, providing relief from itching and skin irritation.
- Made with safe, non-irritating, natural ingredients, it nourishes your dog’s coat and leaves it soft and shiny.
- The shampoo is eco-friendly and free from harmful perfumes, dyes, drying alcohols, or parabens, making it safe for your dog and the environment.
- The scent of coconut may not be appealing to all dogs.
- Some users have reported that the shampoo is not effective in treating severe skin conditions.
If you are looking for a natural and safe dog shampoo to pamper your chihuahua, then OODLELIFE Dog Shampoo and Conditioner Aloe Oatmeal + Coconut 16 fl oz is a great choice. The shampoo is made with natural ingredients that soothe and nourish your dog’s coat, leaving it soft and shiny. It also provides relief from itching and skin irritation, making it ideal for dogs with sensitive skin.
The shampoo is eco-friendly and free from harmful chemicals, making it safe for your dog and the environment. However, some dogs may not like the scent of coconut, and the shampoo may not be effective in treating severe skin conditions.
Overall, OODLELIFE Dog Shampoo and Conditioner Aloe Oatmeal + Coconut 16 fl oz is a great product for chihuahua owners who want to give their furry friends a luxurious and soothing bath experience
Runner Up Shampoos
The Natural Dog Shampoo with Colloidal Oatmeal (Lavender Oil Edition). The brand has a stellar record of producing high-quality dog shampoos and conditioners for all breeds. The popularity of this item is universal, and the reviews are consistently high.
- Dog Shampoo - Try our popular dog shampoo formulas handcrafted to cleanse and moisturize dry skin and fur for a pet shampoo for dogs
- Deodorizing Dog Shampoo - You can trust our dog body wash and oatmeal shampoo for dogs for a pet deodorizer that removes dirt and odors thanks to potent lavender oil for dogs in our dog odor shampoo
- Big and Small Dog Wash - Whether looking for a puppy shampoo for small dogs or a gentle dog cleaner for older dogs we got you covered with our versatile oatmeal lavender dog shampoo for all dogs
The ability of this shampoo to clean the iconically dense Goldendoodle fur is really impressive. It is suitable for all Goldendoodle coat types from curly, to wavy. Even shedding straight coats will benefit from its deep cleaning ability.
It is truly impressive to see how well this shampoo consistently cleans Goldendoodle-type coats given how natural and soothing the ingredient list is.
The shampoo does not soap up too much – but easily forms a great lather. It feels good in the hand and you can feel the soothing elements that protect your Goldendoodle’s skin. You don’t need to use bucketloads of product either – which is great.
This is a premium level product at a reasonable price point. It is not cheap enough to waste without purpose. Luckily you don’t need heaps to get a thorough clean. For regular at-home grooming, it is perfect.
I really liked the smell of the dog after cleaning with this natural shampoo. It was not too strong, and the fresh smell lasted for days.
Best Shampoo for Goldendoodle Puppies
The Japanese Cherry Blossom scented Nootie puppy shampoo is a Goldendoodle owner favorite. It is remarkably gentle and has the best scent and fragrance of any Goldendoodle puppy shampoo on the market. It is wildly popular for many years!
- NEW: Leak proof packaging
- JAPANESE CHERRY BLOSSOM DOG & CAT SHAMPOO, REJUVENATING WITH ROSEMARY EXTRACT, REVITALIZES DRY SKIN & COAT- Safe for pets over 8 weeks old
- IMPROVES SKIN & COAT WITH ONE WASH.
- LONG LASTING FRAGRANCE
- FORMULATED FOR VETERINARIANS - Nootie is sold in over 5,000 vet clinics and 4,000 pet stores worldwide. Our formulator has over 40 years of experience.
You’re gotta smell this shampoo to believe it! It really is the best shampoo for Goldendoodles puppies. It is so popular in Goldendoodle (and other Poodle Mix) forums and groups. Owners love this product. The shampoo strikes an excellent middle ground between cost and premium hypoallergenic ingredients.
Best Value Shampoo for Goldendoodles
If you are looking for the best value and cost-effective clean, you need to consider Wahl’s Dry Skin & Itch Relief Pet Shampoo for Dogs – Oatmeal Formula with Coconut Lime Verbena. The famous grooming and haircare brand have been making USA-based pet shampoos for a very long time.
- Strong odor relief
- Refreshing smell
- For stinkier dogs, that need something extra to overcome their smell
Even if this bargain product was sold to the public at a higher price, this shampoo would still make our list of best Goldendoodle shampoo and conditioner recommendations. The soothing aloe, coconut, and oatmeal formula is a winner for all skin types. It really delivers for dogs with allergies and soothes and provides a foundation for repair (through gentle moisture).
The highly concentrated (and therefore very thick) shampoo goes a LONG way. It results in pretty incredible ROI (return on investment) for a groomer-level Goldendoodle shampoo.
You can get luxurious Goldendoodle coats through at-home grooming using a product like this Wahl shampoo.
Best Shampoo for Goldendoodle with Allergies
Vetnique Labs Dermabloss is a classic of the puppy shampoo circuit. For at-home cleaning for dogs (of all ages) who suffer from allergies – Bert’s is a widely available and much-beloved product.
- VETERINARY STRENGTH FORMULA - Dermabliss Medicated Dog Shampoo contain 2% Chlorhexidine which decreases bacteria on skin. They also contain 1% Ketoconazole that is designed to treat skin issues like ringworm and dry, flaky skin conditions.
- PET SHAMPOO FOR DOGS and cats to reduce itching, irritated dog skin and provide soothing relief. This Chlorhexidine Shampoo with Ketoconazole is great for regular bathing, ringworm treatment for cats and dogs and hot spot treatment for dogs.
- SOOTHING PET SHAMPOO – Dermabliss is not just an anti-itch dog shampoo, it also soothes and deodorizes the skin and coat with a PH balanced formula created by veterinarians. The rich lather rinses easily and leaves pets smelling fresh.
- SAFE FOR DOGS AND CATS - Dermabliss Medicated Shampoos are safe to use on dogs and cats of all ages. For best results use in conjunction with Dermabliss Medicated Wipes and Dermabliss allergy supplements.
- CREATED BY VETS FOR HAPPY PETS - Our Dermabliss veterinary formula dog shampoo, and all Vetnique Labs products, are created with the health and well-being of pets and pet parents in mind. Our products are MADE IN THE USA and recommended by veterinarians worldwide.
If your Goldendoodle has allergies, this is the top choice shampoo for you. You need natural ingredients – and this product delivers these in spades.
The whole product is pH-balanced and moisturizes your dog’s skin. This soothes and protects. There are no artificial fragrances, colors or sulphates in the product,
Two runner up Goldendoodle shampoos (that are still great!)
These other two runner-up Goldendoodle shampoos are still great options. You will not go wrong with any of our top six recommendations of the best Groodle shampoo and conditioners.
Buddy Wash Dog Shampoo & Conditioner for Dogs with Botanicals
- 2-in-1 shampoo + conditioner cleans and moisturizes your dog’s coat
- Gentle formula provides a soothing bath time experience
- Made in the USA with natural herbs and oils and free of harsh ingredients
- Calming effects of lavender and mint
Buddy Wash is made in the USA and very suitable for both adult dogs and puppies. The ingredients are natural and it has lovely smelling botanicals. This is a great option if you have a larger dog or puppy and are looking to buy a high-quality dog shampoo in cost-effective larger sizing.
Pro-Sense Odour Eliminating Shampoo
- Soothing Agents: Aloe vera leaf juice and vitamin E gently clean the hair and lock in moisturizer
- Cleansing Shampoo for Dogs: Provides a fresh, soft, and shiny coat while strengthening and repairing hair
- Doggie Odor Control: Has a long-lasting classic fresh scent that clings to hair for up to 2 weeks
- Ready-To-Use Formula: Keep pets smelling fresh and clean between baths or trips to the groomer with this shampoo
If you have a really smelly Goldendoodle, This shampoo might be for you. it has the usually natural ingredients, but also a big hit of odor eliminating cleaning agents. It is a strong and effective option for a particularly smelly Goldendoodle.
7 Cool Ideas To Make Your Goldendoodle Puppy Enjoy Bath Time
Goldendoodle dogs love water, and just like Bernedoodles, they enjoy swimming. Not all puppies and dogs love bathtime. Here are a few little tips and tricks that owners and groomers find help make Goldendoodles enjoy bath time more.
- Use warm water to wash your Goldendooodle. This seems a little like a no-brainer but it pays to be kind and use warm water when bathing your dog.
- A little touch of luxury can come about by warming a towel for your dog. What puppy wouldn’t love a dry warm towel! You can use the dryer for a few minutes or even a towel warmer.
- If you need to groom or brush your Goldendoodle, do this before bathing the dog. It is much more difficult to get out knots and tangles once the dog is wet – even while drying. Make life more comfortable for your Goldendoodle by getting this out of the way before the water is switched on.
- Use shampoos that are soothing to the skin for your dog. Pick one of the shamoos from our list or alternatively test your dog shampoo on your own skin before applying it to the puppy
- Remember to pat the shampoo onto the Goldendoodle rather than rubbing it. The gentler you are, the less tangles later. Less tangles also means a happier dog when it comes to brushing time.
- Consider switching to showering your Goldendoodle instead. If your dog HATES baths, they might actually be more comfortable in the shower! This of course only works in large showers or open plan bathrooms. Be careful as wet tiles are slippery for both you and the dog.
- You don’t have to use a hair dryer or blow dryer. If you live somewhere warm enough you can let your Goldendoodle dry with a simple towel dry and time. You will need to brush once the coat is completely dry. Either way be careful when using a towel not to tangle the Groodle fur.
White Goldendoodle Shampoo vs Black Goldendoodle Shampoo – Does it matter?
- Whitening Shampoos: These are specially formulated to brighten and enhance white and light-colored coats. They can help eliminate yellowing and stains, giving the fur a pure, white appearance.
- Mild Shampoos: Light-coated dogs can sometimes have more sensitive skin. It’s crucial to choose a mild shampoo that doesn’t contain harsh chemicals.
- Moisturizing and Conditioning: White coats can sometimes appear dull. Using a moisturizing or conditioning shampoo can bring out the shine and ensure that the coat is soft and healthy.
- Stain Removal: White coats can show dirt, tear, and saliva stains more prominently. Consider a tear-stain remover or specialized cleaners for specific areas, along with regular grooming to keep the coat looking its best.
- Color-Enhancing Shampoos: Just as there are whitening shampoos for white dogs, there are color-enhancing or brightening shampoos for dark and black-coated dogs. These shampoos can deepen the black hue and make the coat shine.
- Shine-Boosting: Black coats look best when they’re shiny. Selecting a shampoo with natural oils or a formula that promotes shine will help maintain that glossy appearance.
- Protection from Fading: The sun can sometimes lighten or change the hue of a black coat. While no shampoo can provide full sun protection, some are formulated to reduce the fading effect of sunlight on the fur.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often to bathe a Goldendoodle
Unless there is a heap of dirt of matting, you can get by washing your Goldendoodle once every three to six weeks. A great smelling Goldendoodle is important, but not over-washing your dog is just as important. The natural oils in the coat need to be protected to give the luxurious Goldendoodle coat experience. Use a high-quality shampoo with appropriate pH and a good smell.
How often to wash a Goldendoodle Puppy
Bath your Goldendoodle puppy whenever it gets dirty. This includes messes from house training. Other messes include dirt or bacteria. If the puppy remains clean wash every 3-4 weeks using the best Goldendoodle puppy shampoo.
How can I make my Goldendoodle Smell better?
There are plenty of different reasons that Goldendoodles can smell. Ensure appropriate ear care, coat care, and paw care. All of these areas contribute to a stinky Goldendoodle. Identify the causes of the smell, all of which can be improved or solved with simple at-home grooming.
What Is The Best Shampoo For Mini Goldendoodles?
When picking the best shampoo for Mini Goldendoodles you should be looking at a puppy-appropriate shampoo. Selecting appropriate pH, skin-friendly, and deep cleaning shampoo is a must. There are plenty of good shampoos out there, but you need one that can clean the dense and luxurious Mini Goldendoodle coat.
Look to brands like Nootie or Wahl for your Mini Groodle. We reviewed the top 6 best shampoos for Goldendoodles as recommended by owners and groomers – and each of these is appropriate for a Miniature Goldendoodle.
All of the Goldendoodle shampoos that we have discussed today are excellent. We tested many to decide which are the very best. All seven are very unlikely to disappoint. You can’t go wrong!
All seven reviewed shampoos have great smells, and excellent deep cleansing properties. We only considered shampoos and conditioners for Goldendoodles that gave value for money AND excellent results.
Each of the products listed will help you care for your Goldendoodle at home, and get a groomer quality result. Would love to know if you own a Goldendoodle and have a favorite Goldendoodle shampoo. Please comment below if this is the case!