Everybody loves a beautifully groomed Poodle! But beyond beauty, it’s important to frequently groom a Poodle’s fur as it is shorter, curlier, and thicker than most dog fur and can quickly form mats. In the hotter months, you also want them to be as comfortable as possible.
A clean cut can help regulate their temperature.
Save money by doing the maintenance grooming yourself. Looking at the market, these are the five best dog clippers for Poodles.
Before buying, you should know your pup’s coat type, length, and thickness. It’s also important to consider whether they are sensitive to sounds and if they will sit still while you are grooming them. With this information, you can narrow down your choices.
Best Clippers for Poodles
All of the clippers listed, except the professional-grade clipper, include scissors, comb, and cleaning brush to give your pup a complete trim at home. Some clippers come with a USB cord but do not supply the adaptor charger. This is something to consider when looking at the price, as buying the charger will be an additional cost to you.
Oneisall Dog Clippers
This kit includes a clipper and a separate paw trimmer. The clipper uses sharp double blades: one fixed stainless steel and one moving ceramic blade. Both blades are detachable, which makes for easy cleaning.
- Easy to Use: Cordless feature makes home grooming work become easier and convenient. You could use our dog clippers with a cordless status as well as used when charging. Quite easy to use even for Green hand!
- For Small Medium Large Dogs: The standard gold dog clippers have an LCD display. You can easily know how much power is left. It also provides 2 speeds for adjustment. You could pick a suitable power level to remove your dog's thick coat.
- Dog Paw Trimmers for Small Areas: Made of upgraded stainless steel fixed blade which will keep sharp and enables safe when working. Works great for trimming small areas such as paws, eyes, ears, and buff.
- Long-Lasting Battery & Rechargeable: Built-in rechargeable USB with an indicator light, makes it more convenient to use without changing batteries. The battery of the standard dog clippers lasts 2.5 hours after 2.5 hours of charging, while the smaller paw trimmer lasts 2 hours when charged for 2 hours.
- What You Need in One Set: Standard dog grooming clippers to come with 6 guide guards(3mm/6mm/9mm/12mm/15mm/18mm). The whole clipper kit includes a cleaning brush, comb, scissors, and everything you need to trim your dog’s or cat’s hair.
The paw trimmer has a small stainless steel blade. This part of the apparatus can be removed and washed as well.
On both the clipper and the trimmer, you can adjust between two speeds depending on your pet’s comfort level and cutting needs. The LCD light alerts you of low battery charge. The clipper takes about a 2.5-hour charge and lasts for the same amount of time, while the trimmer takes less time to charge.
The clipper comes with six guide guards (3mm/6mm/9mm/12mm/15mm/18mm). The kit includes a cleaning brush, comb, scissors, a small bottle of oil, brush, USB cord, and charger. Because of the range of combs, it is suitable for big and small pets alike.
- It can be used as cordless or corded while charging
- It can be used with all sizes of pets
- A secondary paw trimmer is ideal for hard-to-reach places
- Easy maintenance
- Material quality is slightly less than others
- Not as comfortable to hold
Holdog Pet Grooming Clippers
The detachable titanium-ceramic blade combination makes this a uniquely solid and smooth clipper that is easily cleaned. The option of three speeds, all of which keep the noise level under about 50 dB, is nice. Another worthwhile feature is the LCD display indicating battery power level and maintenance needs, letting you know when the blades need oiling.
- 【Detachable Titanium-ceramic Blade】Our dog grooming clipper is a new type of 33 teeth titanium-ceramic blade combining with the ceramic movable blade , including a curly wavy coat and long coat design, so the ceramic clipper can easy cut the double heavy coat. Compared with the traditional 24-tooth cutter head, the cutting is smoother, the heat dissipation is more uniform and the durability is more durable
- 【Low Noise & Low Vibration】Usually a part of pets get stressed and uneasy by the sound and the vibration of the pet clippers. But our pet grooming tools are only about 50 db when they work, to help the pet feel at ease, not afraid cut hair any more. You don't need to worry about scaring and hurting them
- 【Powerful & Long Use Life】Heavy-duty gear for proper powerful cut, with stable and steady control. This dog hair clipper provides substantial power and speed without producing additional heat or noise. Three-speed rotary motor for performance that pros demand. 2200mAh High Capacity Li-ion Battery, charging for 3 hours and can sustain use of 3-4 hours to accommodate a full-body clipping on small and medium dogs or cats
- 【New User Friendly】The 4 adjustable(3mm/6mm/9mm/12mm) clipping combs are applicable for clipping the hair of different lengths; Go with the 5 precisely(0.8mm/1.1mm/1.4mm/1.7mm/2.0mm) trimmer blade.Now you can safely trim your pet even if you've never done it before without fearing cutting your pet
- 【Why Choose us】Our dog grooming kit comes with 365 days technical support. We hope our product will creat an easier and happer experience for both you and your pet
It requires approximately a 3-hour charge and lasts about the same.
The clippers include four adjustable combs (3mm/6mm/9mm/12mm), a stainless steel scissor and comb, an oil bottle and cleaning brush, and a USB cord. Note that this does not come with the actual adaptor.
- Low noise and vibration
- Sharp and unique blades (titanium) for smooth, clean cutting
- 3-speed motor
- Good performance for the price
- Guide combs can be tedious to put on
- Comes with a USB cord but not the actual adaptor
Eccomas Dog Grooming Cordless Clipper
This clipper has stainless steel double blades, making for a clean, steady cut. It is a bit heavier than the others but is quiet and stays cool. One of the best qualities of this clipper is its long battery life, lasting up to 5 hours on a 3-hour charge.
- Double Cutter Blades: Unlike other pet clippers with only one layer of blade, our dog grooming clippers have double blades, with 27 teeth on the upper blade and 21 teeth on the lower blade. Automatic sharpening is possible during use. You do not need to worry about the blades will become blunt.
- Sharp & Professional: The two blade of this dog clipper is made of fine carbon steel. and high-quality 440C stainless steel. Thanks to the powerful copper-core motor, our dog clipper runs at up to 6,000 rpm. It is sharp enough to handle thick, curly, long and fine hair efficiently.
- Sturdy & Silent: The stainless steel and aluminum body makes this clipper solid and durable. With a high-quality appearance, this clipper won't discolor or warp. As the working noise is below 60 decibels, it reduces more noise than other ABS plastic pet clippers. And will not disturb pets.
- Long Battery Life & Rechargeable: The 2500mA high capacity battery lasts up to 5 hours on a 3-hour charge. With the rechargeable design of this dog clipper, replacement batteries are unnecessary. It supports dual voltage charging, so it can be used without the cord after charging. Or, it can also be connected directly to the power cord. That would greatly improve the efficiency and save on haircutting costs.
- Rich Styling, Safe Grooming: Two adjustable blade lengths (0.8mm & 2mm). And 8 colored guide comb sizes (3mm/6mm/10mm/13mm/16mm/19mm/22mm/25mm) for a rich styling experience for your pet. And the R-shaped blade design ensures the safety of your pets. Even if you are a green hand, you don't have to worry about ruining their styles or hurting them. A built-in LCD display can show low battery alert and oil reminder.
You can use this clipper with or without the cord plugged in. The LCD display alerts you to low battery power and when oil is needed.
The clipper comes with adjustable blade lengths (.8mm/2mm), an extensive assortment of 8 guide combs (3/mm/6mm/10mm/13mm/16mm/19mm/22mm/25mm), a USB power cord, stainless steel comb and scissors, blade lube, cleaning brush, and an instruction book.
- Longer battery life
- Assortment of combs
- Adjustable blade length
- Does not come with an adaptor charger
- Heavier than the others
Ferrisa Dog Clippers
The best part of these clippers is their small size. The blades are stainless steel and ceramic, which provides a smooth and clean cut. The three replacement heads and four guide combs allow for versatile grooming.
- ★【3 replacement heads + 4 guide combs】: Each replacement head of our dog grooming supplies is made of upgraded stainless steel, which can keep sharp and ensure safety during work. The narrow head is suitable for trimming small areas such as rumps, eyes, ears, and buff. Adjustable trimming comb, suitable for different lengths of dog hair trimmer; detachable guide comb can quickly and easily replace the comb and improve versatility.
- ★【Low Noise Dog Hair Grooming Kit】: The noise of our low noise dog hair grooming kit at work is only about 60 decibels, ensuring that your pet feels comfortable during the entire grooming process and will not cause any discomfort to him. Let your pets feel at ease and never be afraid of shearing.
- ★【Cordless dog clippers for grooming】: Our low noise rechargeable cordless dog hair grooming kit is light weight, cordless design, and easy to use. The cordless dog grooming kit rechargeable. After charging for 5 hours, the dog clippers can be used continuously for 70 minutes. With a cordless pet shaver, you will never be bothered by changing batteries or boring wires. The dog grooming clippers can also be connected to a USB charging cable when you use it.
- ★【Easy to use and clean】:Our dog clippers are very easy to cut around the small paw pads. The blade part of dog clippers for grooming can be removed for cleaning and underwater cleaning. The pet shaver can be charged via USB cable anytime, anywhere. Note: If your pet has long and thick hair, you need to use short-cut scissors first, otherwise the dog clippers may get stuck and not work properly.
- ★【What you get 】: Dog clipper *1, Standard size trimmer *1, Narrow size trimmer *1, Detail trimmer *1, Guide combs for standard size trimmer *2, Guide comb for Narrow size trimmer *1, Guide comb for Detail trimmer *1, Cleaning brush *1, USB cable *1, User manual *1 and Storage bag*1.
It has a low noise level and vibration. The clipper is cordless, but can also be used while plugged in. The blade of the clipper can be removed and completely immersed in water for thorough cleaning.
This clipper comes with a standard size trimmer, narrow size trimmer, and detail trimmer, all with guide combs, a cleaning brush, USB cable, storage bag, and instruction manual.
- Small size and easy to use
- The blade can be immersed in water for cleaning
- Low noise
- Good value
- Great spot clipper
- Not as good for full grooming on large dogs
- Does not come with an adaptor charger
Andis 22690 EasyClip Pro-Animal Clipper
We included this professional-grade model to give you at least one option for a more durable clipper that is made for long-lasting use. This is a corded clipper with a powerful motor. It comes with a ceramic blade (#10) which is detachable for easy cleaning.
- Quiet operation for pet comfort.
- Powerful rotary motor clipper kit for grooming dogs with heavy coats.
- Detachable ceramic blade runs cooler and stays sharper.
- Built to withstand years of use.
- Break-resistant housing and 12' heavy-duty cord.
A hard case is included, as well as four guide combs (⅛”, ¼,” ⅜,” ½”) and blade oil.
- Powerful motor for stable grooming of heavy hair
- Can use a variety of Andis brand CeramicEdge and UltraEdge blades
- Comfortable to hold
- Expensive compared to consumer-grade clippers
- Needs additional blades
Things To Consider
Because the hair on a Poodle is prone to matting, it is best to groom them regularly. There are a few considerations to keep in mind when looking for clippers.
For most people, a professional-grade clipper may seem like an unnecessary expense. But if your pup has thick hair or needs frequent grooming in the hotter months that you plan to do yourself, you may want to consider the purchase. Professional grade clippers tend to be a bit more durable, making them worth the money spent.
Suppose you plan to let your professional groomer do the full and trickier cuts, and you will take care of the maintenance grooming. In that case, a regular consumer model will suffice.
Of course, you will have specific requirements based on what you know about your pup. Still, it’s worthwhile to look at blade quality, noise control, versatility with power, charging and running time, convenience, and maintenance requirements.
You’ll want to consider that the blend of steel and ceramic blades lead to a smooth cut. Full stainless steel blades are a bit sturdier. Additionally, having a variety of shapes and sizes will help you with trimming different parts of your dog’s coat.
Noise and Vibration
We don’t want to scare the pup when grooming, so a quiet model is essential. The range should be under 60dBs. Low vibration is also important as you may be holding the clipper for extended periods of time.
Finding the balance between vibration and power is important for both your dog and their coat.
A Powerful Motor
The stronger the motor, the steadier the cut. Having varied speeds can help ensure your pup is comfortable and that you can do a continuous cut. It can also help speed up the process for a quicker grooming session.
Cordless or Corded
Corded models are more durable and tend to last longer with frequent use. Cordless models range in charging and run time, and some can be used while plugged in. Cordless models tend to be a bit quieter.
Having the ability to use the trimmer while plugged in is also a consideration to make.
You won’t want to use the clippers if it takes just as long to clean them as it does to use them. Evaluate how much time you’re willing to invest as well as the quality of clipper you’re seeking. A higher quality clipper may require less maintenance over time.
Most importantly, you should know your dog’s hair and temperament when it comes to grooming. This will help you decide which blades, combs, power, and noise controls you’ll need. Then you’ll need to think about the convenience factor.
If your pup stays relatively steady, you may want to use a corded clipper, but if they move around, a cordless one may work better. Be sure to check the charging and running times on cordless models.
Our Top Choice
We can recommend all of the above clippers based on the considerations applied. Our top pick would be the Eccomas Dog Grooming Cordless Clipper. With its long battery life, quiet motor, adjustable blade length, and a large assortment of guide combs, this clipper offers good value and performance for the cost.
If you have further questions about which clipper is the best for you and your pup, don’t be afraid to ask a professional dog groomer. They can help you to determine the exact needs of you and your pup.