One of the great things about dogs is that they are loving companions.
However, if your dog is very energetic, they may need some stimulating activities such as agility or obedience to keep them happy and healthy.
However, an untrained dog will quickly wander to the other side of the ring instead of around the course.
A dog clicker allows you to safely train your dog so that they will obey your every command.
A quality dog clicker will be easy for you to use, and will be easy for your dog to understand what you expect of them. But with so many different products on the market, how can you be sure that you’ve found the best dog clicker?
We’ve done all the hard work so that you don’t have to. We researched and reviewed hundreds of products to come up with the best dog clickers for your needs. Take a look at our 5 recommended dog clickers below, or skip ahead to the buyer’s guide and frequently asked questions.
The PetSafe Clik-R dog training clicker easily earns the spot of our top pick. This particular dog clicker has been designed to be easy to use. It will sit comfortably in the palm of your hand, and even features a finger band to keep it in place.
This clicker easily allows you to train your dog. It’s simple and easy to use – all you need to do is press the clicker once your dog has perfected a trick or maneuver, then give them a treat. This method will mean they learn fairly quickly that they’ve done something right, making them easier to train.
PetSafe Clik-R features a compact, ergonomic design. You can easily keep it in your pocket when not in use, ready for the next time you want to train your dog. This dog clicker is also suitable for any age user, so your kids can have fun training your family dog, too. This clicker is also suitable for use with any age dog, too, so you can start training your dog right from when they’re a puppy!
Another handy feature of this particular dog clicker is that it includes a loop. This is so you can easily add a keychain or lanyard for you to easily keep your dog clicker to hand when you’re trying to train your dog.
- Ergonomic – easy to hold and features a finger band for comfort
- Easy to use – simply use the clicker button to help train your dog
- Compact – easy to store away after use
- All ages – suitable for use with all ages of dog and by all ages of human user
- Timing – requires perfect timing otherwise you may confuse your dog
- TRAIN YOUR PET: Clicker training is a clear way to train your pet using a click and a reward to tell your pet he's done something you like
- COMPACT DESIGN: The Clik-R Pet Trainer is ergonomic and easy to hold while you are training your dog
- HAND HELD COMFORT: The attached finger band provides added comfort and makes it easier to hold
- FOR ALL AGES: Once your pet is ready to understand commands, they are ready for clicker training; use to reinforce and train dogs, cats, and other animals
- EXPERIENCE: PetSafe brand has been an industry leading US manufacturer of pet behavior, containment and lifestyle products since 1991, helping millions of people and pets each year
The HoAoOo pet training clicker with wrist strap is another great choice of dog clicker. This particular dog clicker comes with a strap that you can easily attach to your wrist. This means you’re less likely to drop it and lose it. You can also have it within easy reach when training your dog.
This particular dog clicker comes in a set of two. This will be ideal if you want to keep one clicker at home, and one in the car for when you take your dog out for an adventure.
This also means that if one goes missing over time, you easily have a second one to hand without having to buy an additional dog clicker. These dog clickers come in black and blue.
These dog clickers are just the thing you need to train your dog. You can stop them from barking, train them for agility, and even give them obedience training. These dog clickers will give your dog the positive reinforcement they need to know they’ve been a very good boy.
Another great feature is that these dog clickers have been designed to be durable. They won’t break or rust, and will last you for many years to come.
- Two pack – two clickers for the price of one
- Durable – won’t break or rust over time
- Wrist strap – easily attach to your wrist so you can’t lose the dog clicker
- Versatile – can be used for a wide range of training styles
- Loud – clicker is on the loud side
- ▼Come in 2 pack button clickers with wrist strap in 2 different colors: Blue, Black
- ▼Can be used to train the dog basic obedience, small trick, and correct the bad behavior; Scientific method of training your pet safely and easily.
- ▼Stop barking and dog obdeience. Train your dog quiqly just by simply pressing the clicker and command.
- Well constructed and durable, metal clicker will not rust or break.
- Big button for easy clicking and loud sound. Easy to use in any position.
The OYEFLY dog training clicker with wrist strap is the perfect set for passionate dog trainers.
This particular product includes two different dog clickers for you to use around the home or while out and about with your dog. This will be ideal if you want to keep clickers in different places for you to use, or even to keep a spare on hand in case you lose one. These dog clickers come in blue and white.
A handy feature of these dog clickers is that they come with an included wrist strap. This makes them easier to use, as you can’t easily lose them once the strap is attached to your wrist. The strap itself is extendable, so should fit a wide range of wrist sizes, regardless of your age and physical stature.
These dog clickers feature an ergonomic design. This makes them super easy to use, and means they fit easily into your hand. You also won’t have to worry about causing repetitive strain injury if you use them on a regular basis because of the ergonomic design.
The button of the dog clicker is quite loud. This has been designed so as to get your dog’s attention when they’ve done something right.
- Ergonomic – easier to hold for long periods of time
- Wrist strap – keep hold of the dog clicker when not in use
- Two pack – includes two dog clickers in blue and white
- Loud – designed so that your dog can easily hear it
- Small – will be hard to hold with the wrist strap
The EcoCity 4 pack dog training clicker with wrist strap is the ideal choice if you want great value for money. This particular pack includes 4 different dog clickers in 4 different colors.
You’ll get black, blue, red, and white clickers to use as you wish. So you can easily replace your main dog clicker if you happen to lose it at any point. You can also keep multiple dog clickers around the home or in your car for you to use anywhere.
These dog clickers all feature a handy wrist strap. This will make the dog clickers easier to hold on to when you’re using your new dog clickers. A handy feature of the wrist straps is that they’re extendable, so you won’t have to worry about whether they fit your wrist size or not.
Another handy feature of these dog clickers is their ergonomic design. They have been designed to be easier to hold, and therefore easier to use. They will fit comfortably in your hand ready for you to use with your dog training. The button is easy to press, and won’t get stuck. It produces just the right amount of sound for your dog, and isn’t too loud or too quiet.
The manufacturer is so confident that you’ll love their dog clickers that they offer a unique guarantee. They offer a 100% money back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with your dog clickers. They also offer a lifetime warranty to give you even more peace of mind.
- Value for money – multipack of 4 dog clickers
- Ergonomic – easily fits in your hand and is comfortable to use
- Wrist strap – can’t easily be lost once attached to your wrist
- Warranty – manufacturer offers a 100% money back guarantee and lifetime warranty
- Slower shipping – some customers found their orders took a few days to arrive
- ★A brand new happy communication mode with the pet. Great for training puppies and young adult dogs!
- ★Fits nicely in your hand, it has elastic wrist strap so you don't drop it.
- ★Button presses easily and comes right back up without getting stuck, good sound, not to loud or soft.
- ★The Clicker can not only train the dog but also the cat, bird, chicken, sheep and even mouse.
- ★100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE & LIFETIME WARRANTY. Don't miss!
The StarMark clicker dog training system is the perfect choice if you’re looking for a quality product. This particular dog clicker has been manufactured using high quality materials for added durability. It’s also been tested for health and safety purposes so you can rest assured that it’s 100% safe to use.
This dog clicker features an ergonomic design. It fits in your hand comfortably, making it easy to use. This particular dog clicker also features a handy slot for you to attach a lanyard. This will make it easier to keep hold of the clicker when it’s not in use without you having to hold on to it constantly.
The StarMark dog clicker has been manufactured using stainless steel. This is a material that has been designed to be rust resistant. So this dog clicker won’t rust easily, and will last you for many years to come.
A handy feature of this particular dog clicker is that it comes with a free step-by-step training guide to help you train your dog. This allows you to easily get stuck in with obedience training or agility training as soon as you get your dog clicker through the mail.
- Durable – constructed using stainless steel for durability
- Free guide – includes a free step-by-step guide to help you train your dog
- Ergonomic – comfortably fits in your hand
- Easy to transport – features a slot for attaching a lanyard or keychain
- Loud – noticeably louder than competitive clickers
- Quality And Performance Driven Products For Your Pet
- Tested For Safety And Health
- Provide a better quality of living for your pet with Starmark
- Scientific Method Of Training Your Pet Safely And Easily
- Ergonomic Design Fits Comfortably In Your HandStainless Steel Clicker Element Won'T RustEasily Attaches To Keychain Or LanyardIncludes Free Step-By-Step Training Guide
Things to Consider when Buying a Dog Clicker
Trying to find the best dog clicker for your needs can be a challenge. There are so many different products available on the market that the buying experience can be overwhelming.
There’s no need to worry! We’ve put together this helpful buyer’s guide to show you everything you need to consider when it comes to choosing the best dog clicker for your needs.
Take a look at everything you’ll need to think about below!
Easy to Use
One of the most important factors to consider is how easy your chosen dog clicker is to use. This may seem like a trick question. However, you will need to think about a lot more factors than just how easy the button is to press.
Your dog clicker will need to cover the majority of the points below in order to be easy to use. This will factor things such as the physical design and how easy it is to hold.
Whether it comes with a wrist strap to prevent it from becoming easily lost, or if you’ll have to attach a lanyard to it yourself. Whether the dog clicker is loud enough for your dog to hear and understand when they’ve done something correctly.
How easy the dog clicker is to press is another important factor. You’ll want a dog clicker that is easy to press, and produces an audible noise for your dog to hear.
The more ergonomic your chosen dog clicker is, the better. This basically means it works to be more comfortable in your hand.
There’ll be nothing worse than a bulky or awkward sized dog clicker that becomes a pain to use. If it doesn’t fit easily in your hand or isn’t easy to press the button, it could cause you repetitive strain injury over time.
It will be worth taking a look at the physical size of your chosen dog clicker. Some of these are smaller than others. Depending on the size of your hand, you may need to choose a dog clicker accordingly.
You will need a dog clicker that is more ergonomic for you, otherwise it will be too uncomfortable to use, and will remain in your kitchen drawer instead.
Value for Money
Another factor to consider is getting yourself great value for money. You don’t want to have to spend more money than you need to on a dog clicker.
You will want to opt for a dog clicker that gives you the best value. It will need to have been manufactured using quality materials so that it lasts for many years to come.
Value for money will also be reliant on other factors such as how many dog clickers you get for the price of one. Some manufacturers focus on creating a single quality product.
Others feel so confident in their product that they’re able to offer you a multipack for the price of one. This will be a handy thing to look for if you tend to easily misplace your belongings. Especially if the dog clickers are quite small!
You will also need to consider whether your chosen dog clicker comes with an included wrist strap, finger tab, or lanyard. This will save you from having to buy one yourself to attach to the dog clicker.
You will want to choose a dog clicker that will last you for many years to come. This means choosing a dog clicker that has been manufactured using high quality materials. The more high quality the materials, the more durable the dog clicker will be.
One material to look for is stainless steel. This has been designed to be rust resistant, and will ensure that the dog clicker lasts you for many years in the future. As long as the dog clicker has been constructed using high quality materials like these, you can rest assured that it’s been built to last.
You will need to choose a dog clicker that is loud enough for your dog to hear it. This will easily convey to your dog when they’ve done something correctly.
Training usually pairs this with a treat, so they can associate the clicking sound with positive reinforcement. Each time you use the dog clicker, they will know they’ve done something right.
If you are playing long range dog frisbee fetch – you need a loud click if you are issuing distance commands.
Another factor to consider, particularly with some rescue dogs, is that depending on their experiences they may be sensitive to loud sounds. If this is the case with your dog, you will need to opt for a softer sounding dog clicker so as to not alarm them during your training together.
Wrist Strap or Lanyard
A handy feature to consider is whether your chosen dog clicker includes a wrist strap or lanyard. This will mean you can easily attach the dog clicker to your wrist or hang it around your neck.
You won’t be able to easily lose it when you’re not using it! This will be a crucial factor for those who are more likely to lose their things.
If the dog clicker includes one of these, it will also mean you won’t have to buy it yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which dog clicker is best?
The best dog clickers are:
- PetSafe Clik-R Dog Training Clicker
- HoAoOo Pet Training Clicker with Wrist Strap
- OYEFLY Dog Training Clicker with Wrist Strap
- EcoCity 4-Pack Dog Training Clicker with Wrist Strap
- StarMark Clicker Dog Training System
Is a clicker good for dog training?
A clicker is good for dog training, yes! A dog clicker is a great way to help your dog understand what you want them to do.
It’s also a great way to mentally stimulate your beloved pet, as it uses a lot of brainpower. A clicker is an easier way for your dog to understand what you want from them, and can instantly show them they’ve done something right.
At what age can you start clicker training?
You can use a clicker with your pup from the age of 6 weeks. The earlier you start clicker training with your dog, the better.