If you are looking for the best slow feeder dog bowl for your furry friend, then we are the best people to ask.
As dog lovers, we’re the experts when it comes to our canine friends, and we love them so much!
Dogs are very enthusiastic creatures, and when something involves food, this is also the case.
Unfortunately, when it comes to dinner time, our furry friends can sometimes find it hard to contain their excitement, and will eat it all in one go.
Doggies just love their food. They will eat anything you put in front of them, and as fast as possible!
The important thing if you have your own dog to look after, is helping it to stop eating so quickly, or sometimes they can choke, throw up or become sick and bloated. The way to do this is with a slow feeder dog bowl.
This is a fun bowl that is designed with lots of interactive lumps, bumps, and patterns for your dog’s kibbles to get stuck in.
Then, when they want to eat, they have to nuzzle their nose in to get at the food, and work harder to find the kibbles.
These types of bowls were made to stop greedy eaters from eating too fast, and getting sick. This way, with a slow feeder dog bowl, your dog can take its time eating their favorite foodies, and can digest it much better!
Our Best Pick
If you love your doggy as much as they love you, then you will want only the best for them!
If you don’t want them to guzzle down their food too quickly, then you can get them the Outward Hound Fun Feeder Slow Feeder Dog Bowl.
This slow feeder dog bowl comes in various sizes from small puppers to big doggies, and is available with many different patterns and designs to keep them engaged and entertained for much longer.
With interactive and mentally stimulating patterns, your dogs can enjoy eating up to ten times slower, which promotes a healthy gut, and reduces indigestion.
What is even better for them is that this bowl is made of safe materials, and PVC and BPA plastic, that never slips and slides because of the non-slip base.
To keep your dog, and its belly happy, you will want to buy the Outward Hound Fun Feeder.
If you are looking for our number one choice, we would recommend trying out the Outward Hound Fun Feeder Slow Feeder Dog Bowl.
This bowl is so fun for dogs to use, and helps greatly with indigestion.
With this slow feeder dog bowl, your furry friend can eat much slower, but also enjoy their food so much more, with a variety of interactive, interesting and fun bowls to eat from.
The great thing about this slow feeder dog bowl is that it comes in 4 different sizes, which means that all manner of dogs can enjoy eating from one of these bowls; from sausage dogs to big German Shepherds!
There are also lots of different versions to choose from, with different patterns, designs and notches to make getting the food out much harder.
This will keep your pup busy for days!
What we love about this bowl is that it helps dogs to digest their food so much better, as they will have to really work hard to get the food out, and will eat up to 10 times slower than with a normal bowl.
In addition, this dog food bowl is recommended by veterinarians, as it prevents choking, and stops your dog’s stomach from bloating or hurting, which means they get lots more belly rubs than usual!
Your dog will even be able to forage deeply in this bowl and it doesn’t move!
The bottom has an anti-slip and slide feature, and is made with safe materials so that your dog can’t just nuzzle it with its nose and try to get the food out that way.
With this bowl, you can even put wet food in here which is usually their favorite!
- Improves digestion
- Non slip base
- Veterinarian recommended
- Reduced eating time by up to 10x
- Made of safe materials, BPA and PVC free
- Prevents bloating
- Suitable for wet and dry food
- Comes in variety of sizes
- Easy to clean
- Can be used for wet food
- Various difficulties to choose from
- Bowl is lightweight
- SLOWS DOWN EATING UP TO 10X: Outward Hound uniquely designed Fun Feeder dog bowls feature meal-lengthening ridges to help slow down your dog’s eating time by 10X!
- AIDS IN PROPER DIGESTION: Common issues that arise in fast-eating dogs include bloating, regurgitation, and canine obesity. Our Fun Feeder Slo Bowls both challenge and engage your dog during mealtime while helping reduce overeating behavior.
- MADE WITH NON-SLIP BASE AND FOOD SAFE MATERIALS: Outward Hound's Fun Feeder Slo Bowl, slow feeder dog bowls are made to hold in both fun and food as your dog forages through the fun patterns with its non-slip base. Bowls are BPA, PVC, and phthalate free.
- DIET DIVERSITY: Fun Feeders are available in multiple sizes and ridge patterns. These bowls are great for dry, wet, or raw food diets. The Large/Regular holds up to 4 cups of dry kibble, the Medium/Mini holds 2 cups, and the Small/Tiny holds 3/4 cup.
- CLEANING MADE EASY: Fun Feeder dog bowls are top rack dishwasher safe. Less work for you means more pup playtime after!
If you want a really fun treat for your dog, that also helps them slow down their eating, then this is a grrrrr-eat choice for them!
The NOYAL Slow Feeder Dog Bowl is perfect for promoting healthy eating, with a swirly flower pattern design that can slow down fast eating to stop choking, eating too much, or finishing meal times too quickly.
In addition, this puzzle slow feeder bowl can help to prevent your pup from getting indigestion, whilst being super interactive and fun to eat out of!
Also, this slow feeder dog bowl can fit 1 ½ cups of food and is 8 inches in diameter.
The bottom includes four non slip mats, and can be glued down to the floor, because some extremely street smart and clever dogs just flip it to get the kibbles out!
You can also fill this one with wet or dry food,as it is so easy to clean up afterwards. After they’re done chomping and licking, you can clean this one quickly as it is safe to put in the dishwasher!
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Suitable for dogs and cats
- Promotes healthy eating
- Prevents indigestion
- Stops choking
- Non slip mat
- Can hold 1 ½ cups of food
- Widened base to prevent pets from knocking it over
- Easy to use and to clean
- Only available in one size
- ☀【PROMOTES FUN & HEALTHY DIET】: The fun feeder slo-bowls promote healthy eating, swirl flower pattern design can slow down rapid eating and stop choking, adjust pet weight, prolonging meal time prevent indigestion, interactive and fun feeder. Eat slower eat healthier.
- ☀【SIZE & DESIGN】: The pet slow feeder bowl diameter: 6 1/2 Inch. Bottom diameter: 8 Inch. High: 1 7/8 Inch. It can hold 1 1/2 cups of food. Suitable for small/medium dogs.
- ☀【NON-SLIP】: There are four non-slip mats in the package that can be glued to the bottom of the bowl to prevent the bowl from slipping. The slow flow dog bowl base widened to prevent being knocked over by pets, the bottom four sides are attached with anti-skid pads.
- ☀【EASY USE AND CLEAN】: The dog feeder bowl makes all fun feeders work great for dry or wet food diets, any amount of food go further and the dog feels full on a smaller amount of food, and top rack dishwasher safe.
- ☀【PERFECT EXPERIENCE】: If you have any confusion about usage or quality, please feel free to tell us. Making your life easier and more enjoyable is what we are after.
If you want a slow feeding bowl for your pup or dog, then you may want to try the Freefa slow feeder dog bowl!
These bowls come in a range of sizes suitable for all dogs, and can even hold up to 6 cups of food for those extra large big doggies!
With this slow feeder, you can stop your dog from choking, slow down their eating, prevent obesity and avoid indigestion.
The jungle shape design helps to prevent bloating, regurgitation and is soft enough that your dog’s tongue will just slide over it!
What’s even better is that there is an anti-slip grip, non slip bottom, with a widened bowl base to prevent this slow feeder from being knocked over by clever boys and girls!
It’s super easy to use, and to clean and comes with a big soft bowl for scooping up extra portions of your pet’s favorite kibbles, or as a portable bowl for water on walkies!
- Can be purchased for small/medium dogs and large dogs
- Anti choking
- Smooth design
- Swirling pattern for mental stimulation
- Easy to use and clean
- Non slip base
- Holds up to 1 ½ scoops of food
- Cannot be knocked over
- Comes with collapsible silicone dog food scoop
- Holds less food than others
- Dog Slow Feeders: made by non toxic, eco friendly material, BPA free and phthalate free. Non-skid rubber feet underneath design, stop the food bowl moving around, you will not see the mat or your room in a mess.
- Promote Healthy Diet for Dogs: the Maze design of the slow feeder dog bowl effectively slow down your pet, stop inhaling food, eating at a slower pace, prevent obesity, bloat, regurgitation and overeating, a Great Diet Bowl.
- Anti Choking Slow Feeding Dish: Slow down eating time like 10 times compared to a normal food bowl, especially for those fast eaters, anti-choking, good for digestion and weight control.
- Fun & Healthy Eating Time: the special puzzle design of the slow feeding bowl will absolutely arouse your fur baby’s interest, making the meals kind of challenging but much more fun, help promoting intellectual development, recommend for small to medium dogs, puppies.
- Easy Use and Easy Clean: suitable for dry food, wet food, cookies, water, holds up to 2 cups, dishwasher safe.
Your pet would be barking mad not to love this slow feeder bowl!
The JASGOOD Slow Feeder is suitable for medium sized dogs, and puppies, and works excellently for reducing choking hazards, and promoting healthy eating, and not guzzling.
With an interactive jungle design, your dog will feel like they are exploring and foraging for their food, just like they would naturally in the wild.
This helps them to take their time whilst eating, which stops them from overeating, becoming obese, bloating, and regurgiating their kibbles (wouldn’t wanna waste them!).
This slow feeder dog bowl is also smooth and safe to use, designed to replicate the smoothness of your dog’s soft mouth, so that their tongue does not get scratched when it licks out all of the tasty treats!
- Cost effective
- Anti choking
- Slows down eating time
- Interactive design
- Suitable for puppies and medium sized dogs
- Made of safe materials and plastics
- Anti slip base
- Widened base to prevent being knocked over
- Not suitable for larger dogs
- Only available in one size
- KINDLY REMIND: NOT FOR SHORT SNOUT BREED★The slow feeder dog bowl is better for puppy and Medium dogs.☎Anti-Chocking And Slow Down The Eating Time - Unique interactive jungle design,promotes healthy slow eating, helping prevent obesity, bloat, regurgitation and overeating. Also the smooth design of the mouth, to avoid the pet mouth and tongue from being scratched.
- ☎Making Your Puppy Eat More Funny - Dogs love food and slow feeding bowl feeder for fun dog bowls make feeding your dog fun too! Your dog will love maneuvering their mouth over the playful patterns of each bloat stop dog bowl.
- ☎Made In ECO Friendly Material - JASGOOD Slow Feeder Bowl is made with FOOD SAFE, High-Strength ABS materials,Secure your pets to use.Size Info: Diameter(20cm/7.8 inches), High(4.7cm/1.85 inches), Hold 1.5 cups.
- ☎Easy Use And Clean - The unique design of JASGOOD slow feeder bowl makes any amount of food go further and the dog feels full on a smaller amount of food, and top rack dishwasher safe.
- ☎Upgrade Anti-Slip Grip,Non-Slip Off - Slow feeder bowl base widened to prevent being knocked over by pets, the bottom five small rubber feet are attached with anti-skid pads, do not worry about pets to get food everywhere.
If you want to try out the slow feeder dog bowl for your doggie, then why not give the UPSKY Slow Feeder Dog Bowl a go?
This one is super cheap, and eco friendly, and is a great option if you want to try them out with your furry friends.
With a slow feed pattern, this dog bowl can make eating times up to four times slower than normal, promoting a healthy diet and gut in your dog.
The bowl itself is made from food safe, non toxic and durable materials, and comes in three different colors to choose from.
These bowls are great for smaller and medium sized dogs if you have a miniature friend in your household, and can fit up to two cups of dog kibble inside.
- Comes in 3 colors
- Very cost efficient
- Eco friendly
- Safe, non toxic materials
- Raised pattern design to slow down eating
- Can fit 1 ½ to 2 cups of food
- Easy to clean
- Small, compact design
- Lightweight bowl
- No anti slip- can be flipped over
- Slow Feed Concept--The slow dog feed concept is advocated by experts and veterinarians at a wide range. This UPSKY slow feed dog bowl will make it come true. The raised parts in the bowl separate the food when the dog’s eating, which slows down its eating speed effectively.
- Light And Exquisite--The bowl weights 6.4 ounces only. It saves the material, so as the space in your home. And its capacity is 1.5-2 cups, perfect size for the small and medium dog.
- Elegant & Practical Design-- The bright Macaron colors will attract dogs’ interest, and make it much fun for the dog while eating. The raised parts are not too high while the gaps are not too narrow, it’s easy for the dog to get the food.
- Using Qualified Material--The slow feeder bowls are made of PP resin which is food-safe, non-toxic, harmless but durable and recyclable.
- Easy To Clean--For the slow feeder bowl has PP coating, cleaning of the bowl is also easy, it not only save your time but also keeps the bowls clearly.
Best Slow Feeder Dog Bowl Buyer’s Guide
Things to look for when purchasing a slow feeder dog bowl
If you are thinking of getting your best buddy a slow feeder dog bowl, too, then are a few things that you should know about before buying!
The first thing we should tell you is that these bowls are not for dogs with smaller snouts, as they will not be able to get into the bowl and they will be even hungrier at meal times!
You will also need to ensure that you buy a bowl that is the right size for your dog, many come in various shapes and sizes suitable for different breeds, so make sure you pick one that matches yours!
Also, there are various different difficulty levels and puzzles inside the bowls that will slow down eating times.
If your furry friend has a problem with overeating, go for a smaller bowl with less capacity, and make sure that the pattern is engaging enough to keep them busy for a while.
One of the most important features to look out for, especially if your dog is smart, is that the bowl has non slip parts, or an anti-slip mat, as this will make sure that the bowl cannot be flipped over and emptied quickly.
You may need to check that the bowl is made from PVA free, and food safe plastics, to keep your dogs safe, and ensure that the bowl is soft enough with no sharp bits that might hurt their tongues when they lick away at those tasty biscuits!
Consider a frozen Kong treat as an alternative slow feed method.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a slow feeder dog bowl?
A slow feeder dog bowl does everything that it says it does. It is a great dog bowl that works to slow down the ingestion of food, and help dogs stop eating too quickly.
A slow feeder dog bowl can slow down fast eaters so easily, as they can keep the dog engaged in their food for up to 10 times longer than normal dog bowls!
One reason that slow feeder bowls are better is that these types of bowls have various patterns such as mazes, that make it harder for pets to take big huge chomps of kibble at once.
When they do this, it can mean that the dog is taking in too much air along with the food, which can lead to flatulence and a swollen stomach due to bloating.
In addition, this can lead to poor digestion and indigestion.
Are slow feeder dog bowls bad for dogs?
Slow feeder dog bowls are actually much healthier for many dogs! For most dogs, restraining themselves when it comes to dinner time can be quite the struggle, as they love to wolf food down as fast as possible.
With a slow feeder bowl, the time it takes to eat the food is much longer, and they have to work harder for their meals, which can keep them engaged and interested in the food for much longer!
This is great for not only the digestive system, but also for their brains as these types of dog bowls are interactive and fun to play with.
A slow feeder dog bowl works to engage them for much longer during meal times, which is great if you need to distract your pet whilst you run the vacuum around, or if you want to keep them mentally stimulated whilst you eat your food in peace.
Disclaimer: we can’t promise that they still won’t ask for more of your food once they’re done!
What are the benefits of slow feeder dog bowls?
A slow feeder dog bowl is great for doggies that eat their food too fast, or get too excited whilst eating.
With a slow feeder dog bowl, you can prevent bloating, sickness, or overeating in your furry friend.
A slow feeder dog bowl will help to prevent most dogs from eating too quickly and throwing it back up, (and then eating it again) because the amount of food being consumed at once is much less.
This means that they can digest their food better, without bloating, stomach pains, or the risk of choking.
In addition, the action of trying to figure out how to get the food is very mentally stimulating for doggies, and can help promote natural behaviours where they would have to work hard to get their food in the wild.
What dogs need a slow feeder dog bowl?
Any dog that likes to chow down on its food quickly is at risk of choking, food getting caught, an upset stomach, or even vomiting after eating.
Eating food too quickly can lead to indigestion, and poor digestion. If your furry friend likes to eat really fast, and not come up for air, then you may want to get them a slow feeder dog bowl.
It is important to point out that a slow feeder dog bowl would not be suitable for furry friends with shorter snouts and sniffers, as they may not be able to get into the bowl as well as other dogs.
These types of dogs would struggle to eat from these bowls, so they are best left to medium or large sized pets.
What’s the difference between a slow feeder dog bowl and a dog mat?
Lots of dogs hate bath time! They want to go play, not be rinsed and washed, it’s no fun. But if you want to keep them in the tub, then you will need a slow feeder dog mat
These can stick to the wall, covered in their favorite dog safe peanut butter, and they can simply lick away whilst you scrub off all of the mud and dirt that they spent all day rolling in.
These are different to slow feeding dog bowls as they are sticky, and can have some wet food inside, unlike some dog bowls which are meant to slow down fast eaters.