Looking for some great dog puns? Then paws what you’re doing and read these!
We have compiled some of the best dog puns around and categorized them into certain genres depending on your taste, style, and humor. You don’t have to look far to see why dogs and puns go hand in hand, as they both bring about immense happiness, laughter, and positivity.
This is why we came up with our super-list of the best dog puns around, and the ultimate list of dog play on words.
So that no matter what your passion is, or what kind of dog you have, you are guaranteed to find a pun that suits your pup!
With over 75 of the best dog puns around!
How we have organized our dog pun list
We decided to break it down into puns related to dog breeds, pop culture, food, the workplace, and more “punny” jokes.
This comprehensive, and extensive list is sure to keep you smiling, and feeling good as you look through the best dog puns in 2021.
Follow along for some puns that are bound to make you howl!
Table of Contents
Dog Breed Puns
With so many fun breeds around the globe, we decided to start with some “punny” play on words concerning certain breeds that have captured our hearts.
- What’s a dog’s favorite drink in the fall? pugkin spice lattes!
- Where do dogs like to surf? Colliefornia!
- Make sure to always use collie flour when baking biscuit treats for your dog.
- I’m all about the pug life.
- Why does the Dalmatian always hide from people? Because he doesn’t want to be spotted.
- What have you been feeding him? He looks a little husky.
- What do you call a dog who picks a lock? A corg-key!
- What did the dog say to its Valentine? I’m mutts about you!
- What did the Dalmatian say after eating dessert? “Man, that really hit the spot!”
- What’s a dog’s favorite band? The Beagles!
- What’s a dog’s favorite activity to do in school? Lab reports!
- Testing the water resulted in a positive lab report.
- What do you call a dog magician? A labrabacadadbrador!
- Why should you be cautious when it’s raining cats and dogs? If you’re not careful you could step in a poodle!
- Don’t drop snacks on the floor on game day, you may end up with a wide retriever!
- The Dachshund had to sit in the shade because it was a hot dog.
- The newest Avenger is a dog named is labro-thor.
- My German dog loves the holidays and will always dance to Christmas music. His favorite song starts with, “dachshund through the snow…”
- What dog does Dracula own? A blood-hound.
- Mistakes happen. No need to terrier-self up about it.
- What do you call a dog who can fight? A Boxer.
Pop Culture Best Dog Puns
On a daily basis we are all captivated by a plethora of movies, songs, TV shows, and celebrities that help to shape our culture. With so much popular entertainment in our lives every day, why not find some puns to show your love for pop culture?
- What’s your dog’s favorite movie? Harry Paw-ter and the Sorcerer’s Bone!
- What’s your pup’s favorite action flick? Jurassic Bark!
- That dog is so beautiful. She should be on the cover of Vanity Fur.
- What’s your dog’s favorite Pink Floyd album? Bark Side of the Moon.
- “Don’t stop retrieving”… “Hold on to that feline”.
- I like big mutts and I cannot lie
- What’s your favorite sports show? Pardon the inter-ruff-tion.
- What’s your doggo’s favorite TV character? Jim from the paw-ffice!
- My dog loves poetry. Especially William Shakes-paw (fun fact someone wrote a whole novel about Shakespeare’s dog).
- What did the celebrity dog say when someone took his photo? “Sorry, no pup-arazzi please!”
Food Related Best Dog Puns
Everyone loves food (especially dogs), and there are so many inventive ways to have fun with culinary puns! Beginning with:
- What’s a dogs favorite type of food? Pup-eroni pizza!
- The dog picnic quickly turned into a Bark-B-Q!
- My Maltipoo isn’t allowed to eat fruits because the sugar always makes him go mutts!
- My dog is such a picky eater, all he ever wants to eat for breakfast is Woofles.
- What does a dog like to eat at the movies? Pupcorn!
- What do you call a cold dog? A pup-sicle!
- All you need to stay healthy, is a cup of earl greyhound tea every day.
- What’s a dog’s least favorite vegetables? Fleas and carrots.
- What did the chef say to the dog at dinnertime? Bone-appetite!
- I asked my dog for date ideas, he said to whine and dine her.
Workplace and Office Related Dog Puns
Sometimes work can be dull, mundane, repetitive, and down-right boring… the best way to solve this dilemma is with some well-placed, and work-relevant puns!
- What did the dog say to his nagging boss? I told you I’d get it done on time, quit hounding me!
- Sometimes I wish my dog would go look for a job in construction. He’s always been such a great roofer.
- My dog never stands up for herself, she just rolls over.
- Why did the dog go to the bank? To make a de-paws-it.
- Everyone brought their dogs to the company picnic, with the music playing, and food on the grill, everyone was having a blast. Even the dogs were raising the ruff.
- The dog couldn’t remember where he parked his car in the barking lot.
- Remember to put the car in bark.
- My dog got a promotion. She’s a branch manager.
- Just another day at the paw-ffice
- Did you see the new breakroom? It’s so pawsh.
Punny Dog Jokes
If you’re more the type who enjoys Hollywood references, or pun related to food then you have probably already found your match. But it’s all fun and games until the “punny jokes” start to come out…
- Where do dogs go when their tail falls off? The re-tail store.
- Why did the dog go to the club? To raise the woof! He wanted to paw-ty!
- What did the dog say to his sad friend? “Did you have a ruff day? Let me paw you a drink!”
- What did the dog say to his landlord? “I think we need to renegotiate the terms of my leash.”
- Why was the puppy party so loud? They turned up the sub-woof-ers!
- What did the dog say when he went to the dentist? “I think one of my canines is getting loose!”
- If a dog went to college, what would they major in? Bark-eology!
- What does a dog call a sports official? A rufferee.
- What do you call a funny canine? A corn dog.
- What was the sale this week at the pet store? Buy one dog, get one flea!
- What’s better than a spelling bee? A talking dog!
- What did the squirrel tell the dog? If you’re trying to catch me you’re barking up the wrong tree.
- What do you call a dog from the Wild West? Clint Eastwoof.
Random Dog Puns
Uncategorized means that your options are unlimited. These puns can be whipped out anytime, anywhere.
- Today has been ruff.
- I ruff you very much.
- I nearly kicked my dog out. But we renegotiated the terms of his leash.
- I love walking my neighbor’s dog. It’s the leashed I can do.
- My friend said he once threw a stick two miles and his dog still brought it back… Seems a bit far-fetchedto me!
- Howl I ever live without you?
- My dog kept barking at me, acting like he had pawsession of the brand new dog biscuit I just brought home.
- It’s amazing that my dog can bark all night long without any paws in between.
- I’m mutts about you.
- Nothing mutt-ers as much as you.
- With the right mindset, anything is paw-sible!
Best Dog Puns Conclusions
We have certainly covered a number of different puns covering a wide array of topics.
With everything from pop-culture references in Harry Potter, to clever wordplay with popular food items like waffles, and popcorn (or woofles, and pupcorn).
Hopefully this list has shown you the endless possibilities when it comes to coming up with dog puns in 2021. (Check out our ultimate list of dog names ending in y or ie sounds)
And as the world continues to expand, and learn new things, there will only be more ways to have fun with these dog puns.
Thanks fur reading!