Taking a Cockapoo for a walk is an exciting whirlwind of energy, excited sniffing, and even a littleleash pulling. Even well-trained Cockapoo puppies and dogs are packed to the brim with vibrant energy. They love to run around, explore, sniff, and play.
While you might still see the occasional person walking a Cockapoo with a traditional collar and leash, dog harnesses are the best solution for Cockapoos.
Harnesses give Cockapoos the freedom to move. At the same time, they do not involve a collar around the neck. This means your Cockapoo will not feel choked. Instead, they are comfortable while they run, play, and sniff up a storm!
Finding a dog harness that perfectly suits a particular breed of dog is essential. A comfortable harness makes training a Cockapoo much easier.
These harnesses are made in the ideal size for your dog. If you have a Cockapoo, you want to find the best dog harness for a Cockapoo. These five harnesses are the best of the best.
No time to delve into the Review? Here are the Top 5 Recommended Cockapoo Harnesses.
The Best Overall Cockapoo Harness
The best overall balanced Cockapoo harness is the Ruffwear Front Range in small size.
The Ruffwear Front Range dog harness was designed to give owners the flexibility that they need, a variety of preferences to choose from, and be comfortable for dogs to wear.
- UPDATED DESIGN: We've updated the Front Range Harness with more durable shell fabric, reinforced webbing loop, and a light loop for The Beacon; It's perfect for everyday adventures and dogs that pull
- 2 LEASH POINTS: It features an aluminum V-ring on the back for relaxed walks and an updated, reinforced webbing loop on the chest for redirecting dogs that pull on leash
- COMFORTABLE FIT: 4 points of adjustment provide the perfect fit for your pup; The foam-padded construction makes it comfortable to wear for long days of playing
- REFLECTIVE TRIM: Reflective accents all around the harness provide visibility in low light; There's also a light loop to attach The Beacon when day turns to night (sold separately)
- ID TAG STORAGE: An ID pocket on the back allows you to store your dog's information tags so they don't have to wear a collar in addition to the harness
Options Available for the Ruffwear
You’ll find that this isn’t just the best dog harness for cockapoo dogs for the dogs, it’s also great for owners. There are a few different options to choose from.
There are also sizes available from XX small all the way to X large. The small is great for a Cockapoo, but keep in mind that dog sizes vary, so it’s important to double-check the product description before ordering.
Design of Ruffwear Harness
Ruffwear designed this harness to be convenient for both the dog and the owner. It comes with four adjustable straps to keep the harness snug against your furry friend without being too tight.
The best feature we found in our hands on is the additional padding underneath of the buckles guarantees that it will be comfortable for your Cockapoo too. I found it better than the competitors for this underside padding. I think it will be more comfortable for a Cockapoo (or similar sized dog).
A challenge with all harnesses is the fur rubbing and causing matts. Using a quality Cockapoo brush will undo any matting – but a harness will extra padding is supposed to limit the amount of matts that will form.
A separate loop is included to attach a beacon (sold separately) so that drivers can safely see and avoid your dog while you’re out.
Not only will this harness be suitable, but it can also keep your dog safe on nighttime walks.
The updated design makes this harness visually pleasant for pet owners too. The design trends modern but focuses on basic function. I like that there are two leash points are available.
One can be used for walking the dog, but a separate one on the bottom can help redirect your little one if they start to stray off the path. An ID tag pocket guarantees that someone can help them find their way back to you if they get lost.
The over the head style makes it a breeze to put this one on your dog and take it back off when you get home from a walk. Some harnesses are legitimately tricky to get onto your Cockapoo until they learn the process. This harness style is easiest for fast attachment while still being secure.
Overall, this is the highest-rated dog harness for Cockapoo sized dogs.
Best Fashionable Quality Cockapoo Harness – Rabbitgoo
The best value fashionable Cockapoo harness is the vibrantly coloured Rabbitgoo No Pull Harness.
The Rabbitgoo No Pull Harness is designed to help owners train their dog, and still be used long after they stop pulling when on walks. This can help with a more active (or even help control a hyper Cockapoo).
- 【 Large Dog Harness 】 - ★ Measuring Neck Girth: 16.1" - 23.2", Chest Girth: 20.5" - 36" ★. Please measure the size carefully before purchasing this present for your puppy. Recommended Breeds: Medium to Large Dogs, such as Golden Retriever, Huskie, Labrador, Alaska, German Shepherd, Akita, etc. Make your puppy stand out with this Classic Black Harness!
- 【 No Pull, No Choke 】- Our non-pulling dog harness is specially designed with 2 metal leash rings for safer dog walks. Use the chest attachment clip to stop your dog from pulling on walks, perfect for dog training or dogs who tend to pull. The back one is great for casual walks, jogging, hiking, etc
- 【 Easy to Use 】- This hassle-free overhead harness is easy to put on and take off with its 2 fast-release buckles. Slide the harness over your dog's head, buckle it up, adjust the straps, and here you go! Grab the top handle for additional control. Lightweight and easy to clean
- 【 Fully Adjustable 】- This adjustable harness features 4 easy adjusting straps around the body. You can use its 2 neck straps and 2 chest straps to create a perfect fit for your dog with some room of growth. No worries about slipping out or choking
- 【 Safe and Comfortable 】- Your dog will enjoy the daily walk in this comfort dog harness! Made of durable nylon oxford and padded with soft cushion to protect your dog's skin. Breathable air mesh keeps your dog cool during outdoor activities. Super bright reflective strips ensure a safe walk both day and night
Rabbitgoo Harness Options Available
This harness is also available in a variety of vibrant colors and sizes. You can opt for a cyan blue, classic black, or a beautiful baby pink with black trim as well as six other undertones.
Regardless of the primary color, the trim and adjustable straps are always black.
The size options are small through extra-large. It should be noted that the smallest size available is for a dog with a 13.8 neck circumference. This is appropriate for most Cockapoos, but would not suit a different breed like a Teacup or Toy Goldendoodle.
Colourful Rabbitgoo Designs
The design and vibrant colours of this harness help it stand out. The overhead model and fast release buckles make it easy to put on and take off.
A loop in the front of the chest is available to help teach dogs to quit pulling on walks. After they are trained, use the loop on the back for a casual jog around the block. It is made from Nylon Oxford, an extremely durable material that guarantees that this pet harness will last.
The tactical appearance and fashionable colors definitely make this harness the most fashionable one on the list. There is nothing that can compare to the look of this harness with eye-catching color combinations like lime green and black.
Best VALUE Harness Option for Cockapoo
If you’re looking to get some bang for your buck, the Voyager Lightweight All-Weather harness is the way to do it. You won’t spend many notes on this one!
- ATTENTION: Sizing does NOT directly correspond to your pet’s breed or weight. Please MEASURE your pet and refer to our sizing chart for the best fit before ordering.
- ALL WEATHER MESH: Made with a soft, breathable air mesh, this lightweight pet harness is perfect for walks all year round.
- REFLECTIVE BANDS: Two reflective bands on the sides of this harness enhance your pet’s visibility for those early morning and late evening strolls.
- THREE SAFETY FEATURES: Our hook and loop fastener, buckle and double D-rings work together protect your pet in three layers of security.
- STEP IN, CLIP & GO. Step into your next walk in this simple and easy-to-wear vest harness. Click ‘Add to Cart’ now.
The Style Options Available
With over twenty color combinations and seven sizes available, you have more options to choose from with this harness.
The lines around the legs and back are a different color on each harness, but you aren’t stuck with black. Instead, you’ll get fresh color combinations like orange with matching trim or black with yellow trim.
The smallest size for this harness is a chest of 9.5 inches. That will suit Cockapoos (or similar sized dogs like Cavapoos)
Design of the Voyager
The breathable mesh is ideal for any weather. If it gets wet, it dries quickly. During hot summer walks, your puppy will have enough air circulation that they don’t feel too hot and sticky.
It’s also a little flexible to make walks and runs more comfortable. Straps to secure the harness in place are on the back of the yoke, which would place them on your dog’s back.
The step-in design versus the overhead design is excellent for dogs that tend to squirm when something is placed over their head.
Two reflective shields on each side of the harness are standard to help protect your dog during night time hours. This harness is not only budget-friendly, but it’s also straightforward to use.
The Premium Harness Option
The Julius K9 Power Harness is considered the King of harnesses. There were several things that we liked about this harness that earned it a spot as the best harness for Cockapoo dogs.
- Chest Circumference: 28-37.5 in, Weight of the dog: 61.5-88 lbs.
- Sturdy and easy-to-use harness from premium quality materials, made in Europe
- Interchangeable hook & loop patches – your dog may wear the patches of your choice
- Reflective edges and chest strap for increased visibility and safety
- Adjustable front and belly straps, heavy duty buckles and breathable skin friendly inner liner
For added customizations, you can order custom patches to put on the sides to make your harness one of a kind.
Nine size options also guarantee that there is something for every dog of every size.
These harnesses are designed to help walk dogs that insist on pulling and also to be durable. The material itself is thick, and the stitching is double stitched for additional durability. This one is not going to break the first time you use it!
The overhead design makes this one easy to use. Although the harness is not as bulky as other options, this just adds to its ease of use. Owners can slip their dog’s head through the harness, buckle the straps, and go. After moving their head through, there is only one strap under their belly that will need to be buckled.
A loop on the top is perfect for attaching a leash to their back. There is also a handle provided for those that would like to hold a Cockapoo without a leash.
Reflective edges come standard on this harness for additional safety. It should be noted that a loop on the chest is not available with this harness, but the harness itself can be enough to help prevent dogs from pulling during walks.
Icefang Tactical Dog Harness
The Icefang Tactical Dog Harness goes beyond the basics! This company boasts that their tactical harness is also escape-proof, making it the best dog harness for Cockapoo escape artists.
There are quite a few ways that this harness stands out from the rest.
- [Tips & Care instruction]:1:This Harness is not to be used with a tie out,Do not put it on your dog unsupervised ; 2,Please refer to our size chart,Make sure match up your dog's measurement ,Do not choose the size base on dog's weight or guess ; 3:Burn and solidified the end of strap if necessary ,Make Sure the end of strap is not fraying; 4: Washing: Wash hands with detergent,rinse with clean water and dry it
- [2x METAL BUCKLE]: 2 x Metal Buckle (1000 lb Proof-Load Test ) on Dog Shoulder Position which the most Load Bearing Point When Dog Pulling, 2 x POM buckle (250 lb Proof-Load Test ) on belly Position;Sewing by Bartack and X in Box Pattern on Each Joint and Heavy load Point
- [NO PULL/SAFETY CONTROL]: Connect leash to No pull front clip,redirect the dog forward motion and make dog's leg off the ground ,Allow you to Control the puller with few effort and training your dog to walk beside you; Back Leash Clip for well-trained dog normal Walking;Durable Handle is Sewn Tough and Large Enough to Grab the Harness Quickly and Easily When Walking in Crowd ,Also Lift Your Dog When Getting in/out of the Car
- [HANDS FREE CARRYING ]:Two 1" Strips of Molle (Small: 3 x Hook & 2 x Loop ; Medium: 4 x Hook & 2 x Loop ;Large/X-Large:5 x Hook & 2 x Loop) Sewn Onto Both Side,Allow Your Dog to Carry Gear in Training / Daily Walking/Adventure Hiking, it Compatible with Molle /PALs Pouch,You Can Aslo Hook Dog Bowl,Water Bottle and Toy Through D shape Carabiner (No included)
- [DOG IDENTIFIED]:Three 1" Strips of Hook and Loop Panel Sewn onto Both in the Formation of MOLLE(size in Small :3"x4.5" ; Medium :3"x6" ;Large/X-large/XX-Large :3"x7.5" ); One Strip of loop panel Sewn Along the Back of harness with different wide in each size ( Small: 2" ; medium/Large:3" ;X-large/XXL:4");One Square Loop panel Sewn on The Front Chest (Size in small:2"x 2" ; Medium:2"x 3" "; Large/X-large:2"x 4" ; XX-Large:3"x4") ,You Can Attach Many Patch to Identify Your Dog
Icefang Options Available
There are five color options available, including army green, to go with the harness’s tactical nature. Sizes range from small to large, with the smallest fitting a dog with a 14-inch neck circumference.
If you need help measuring your dog correctly, the company offers a sizing chart with instructions!
Tactical Design of the Icefang Harness
The design of this harness is what will make you raise your eyebrows. Steel buckles instead of plastic ones are virtually indestructible. They are not going to break if your dog attempts to escape.
Additional fabric is underneath the buckles to prevent it from rubbing up against your dog’s skin resulting in chaffing.
It has the no-pull front loop for dogs that are still in training. After training, a loop on the back can be used for traditional walking. There is also a handle on the end of the harness for additional convenience.
Straps are included so that your dog can help you carry things. This is a great idea for camping, hiking or other outdoor activities. Additional items can be purchased to attach to the vest, such as a third loop for carrying things.
Not only is the design impressive, but the material is also built for outdoor use. The Nylon material is coated with a water-resistant coating, helping to keep your dog dry if you get caught in the rain.
The drops of water will run right off. The design covers the back of the dog as well, further protection from the elements.