101+ Most Badass Dog Names [Intimidating Dog Names]
When we bring a new pup home, one of the first things we must do is give it a name. Picking the right dog name is not easy. Pet owners often name dogs based on a feature, size, color, etc. You can look at your puppy and know the dog will be a true badass. Why not name it accordingly?
Luckily, we compiled a list of the best – and baddest- names and their meanings.
- 9+ Best Nautical Names for Dogs (Actually Good)
- 21+ Best Alcohol Names For Dogs
- 87 Best Food Names For Dogs
- 301+ Best Hillbilly Names for Dogs
- 201+ Best Halloween Names for Dogs (Actually Good)
General Badass Dog Names A-Z
- Aphrodite – Goddess of love and beauty
- Atticus – This name means, “The noble guardian of the forest.”
- Arrow – Pair a dog of this name with one named Bow.
- Aurora – This name means dawn and references the northern lights.
- Aurelius – It means the golden one. Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius was considered a good emperor.
- Axel – This name can either mean peace or splendid.
- Beast – This name perfectly describes a large and powerful animal.
- Blade – Sure, it is a type of small knife. Blade is also a vampire hunter from comics and films.
- Bow – Do you have another dog named Arrow?
- Colt– Young male horses go by this name. Colt is also the moniker of a famous military rifle. This name fits if you have a fast dog.
- Diesel– If your dog seems to have never-ending energy, name it after this powerful fuel. (Also a good dog name for black dogs)
- Eclipse – An eclipse is a phenomenal event where the sun or moon goes dark for a brief period.
- Galaxy– This name signifies the vastness of space.
- Houdini– If your dog is elusive, it may fit to name it after the famous illusionist.
- Joker– For your bad behaving pup, names can’t get better than this one!
- Kal–El – Give your dog the birth name of Superman. (See more superhero dog names)
- Loki– Do you have a mischievous pup? The name comes from the naughty Nordic god and the brother of Thor.
- Mad Max– Perfect for guard or attack breeds. The famous character of a dystopian movie world.
- Maximus – The movie Gladiator immediately comes to mind.
- Nova – A “nova” happens when a star suddenly increases brightness for a period before going back to normal.
- One Eye – Good name if your canine has only one good eye or a distinctive spot over one.
- Phoenix– The mythical bird rose again from the ashes to be reborn. This name is ideal for dogs who have been through a hard time. (See more fire inspired dog names)
- Rogue– Good choice for an intelligent and independent pet. Rogue is also an X-men character.
- Scar – If you have a dog with a mark or have been in a fight before, this will make the perfect name.
- Shadow – For the dog that is unassumingly protective.
- Sniper– A name for a dog that will hunt prey.
- Tamale– Can be short for hot tamale! Nice name for a dog with lots of personality.
- Titan– This is the name of the son of the Greek god “Poseidon“. Triton also carries a trident.
- Ulysses – Ulysses was one of the greatest Greek heroes in history.
- Venus – This is another name for the goddess of love.
- Xena – The Amazonian warrior princess.
- Zeus – Perfect if you have a large and powerful canine. Zeus was king of the Greek gods.
What About Guard Dogs?
All our dogs are special, but guard dogs protect on another level. Give your protective pooch a suitable name.
Badass Guard Dog Names A-Z
- Aries – The god of war may not always be friendly, but he is never weak. It is a fitting name for a macho dog of any breed.
- Atlas– Atlas was the one who held up the world in Greek mythology.
- Bruce Lee- A famous, groundbreaking martial artist.
- Axel – A figure skating move as well as a metal shaft that supports car weight
- Baron – Signifies nobility
- Chief – Self-explanatory
- Dagger – A sharp knife.
- Dragon – It is a massive fire-breathing creature of mythology.
- King or Kong – Perfect for any giant breed!
- Fangs – I am sure your dog will display its fangs if someone proves to be a danger.
- Hunter – Self-explanatory
- Jaguar – Sure, a Jaquar is a cat – but it’s a big, fast, super badass one.
- Panther– Another hunter cat that your dog may respect.
- Smaug – The famous dragon of the Hobbit
- Wolverine – yes, why not. A wolf is the closest ancestor to modern dogs. The Wolverine character is one of the most popular (and badass) from all Marvel comics that have gone on to movies.
Give Your Badass Dog a Name That Fits
In conclusion, if you think your dog is or will grow into a badass, give it a name that fits. Plenty of monikers for a big male guard dog or equally protective female exist. Pick from Greek gods, weapons, comic characters, and celestial events. Feel free to change the spelling of some names or make up your own. Have fun naming your furry little rock star!
PS: My neighbor does not have a dog – they have a bird but still wanted a badass name. She nicknamed them DQM, which stands for Drama Queen Magnet because she screeches when something doesn’t go according to (her) protocol, and she won’t leave my shoulder. But that doesn’t count, does it?