I’ve owned a couple of Poodles, and I still remember how my first – a white miniature, would get so dirty. I had to shampoo her several times to get all the dirt out of her soft fur. Such fun times!
Finding the perfect shampoo for her coat wasn’t exactly a walk in the park, and it required some research on my part.
Poodles are as smart as a tack, cute as a button, and easy to train, but their fur requires lots of TLC. Caring for a Poodle’s fur can leave any owner feeling lost when it comes to finding the best shampoo product. Shampoos for young kids may work for Poodles, but nothing beats a shampoo product tailored to your dog’s unique needs.
If you need the scoop on the best shampoo products for Poodles, give one of my updated picks for the best Poodle shampoos on this list a try.
Best Overall – Healthy Breeds Dog Shampoo
Healthy Breeds is a Poodle hair care treatment designed to nurture, condition, and deodorize your Poodle’s hair. The sweet, calming vanilla and sweet pea scent are soothing for the dog and gentle on their nostrils.
- Enhances White And Light-Colored Coats! Bring Back That Bright Shine Their Coat Used To Have As A Puppy!
- Cleans Your Dog Thoroughly While Adding Luster To Their Coat! Helps Control Matting And Tangling! Leaves Hair Smooth, Manageable And Shiny With A Delicious Pina Colada Scent!
- Ph Balanced! Healthy Breeds Offers A High-Quality Bright Whitening Shampoo That Moisturizes And Nourishes Your Dog’S Skin And Coat!
- Made In The Usa! Buy With Confidence! All Shampoos Made In Federally Regulated Manufacturing Facilities! Excellent Customer Service And Return Policy. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
- Healthy Breeds Offers An Assortment Of Dog Healthcare Products, Grooming Products And Treats For Over 200 Breeds! Make Sure To Search For Your Breed! Click The Healthy Breeds Hyperlink Above The Title To See Our Amazon Storefront!
Moreover, the shampoo has essential fatty acids that prevent drying out and flaking for a soft and lustrous coat. Poodles are notorious for their sensitive skin.
This topical formula is hypoallergenic, promotes hydration, and only requires small amounts because it foams like crazy! It does the best job cleaning your dog’s coat, and the delicious fragrance lingers for days.
- Designed for Poodles
- Sweet pea and vanilla fragrance
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Flea control
- Rids Poodle of foul odors
- It could cost less.
- It needs more scent variety.
Best Budget – Wahl 4-in-1 Shampoo
Wahl is a groomer’s brand; this shampoo is mild on the skin and superb for everyday use. The lavender fragrance is light and smells fantastic. The 4-in-1 formula features chamomile to detangle and moisturize the Poodle coat and skin.
- Made in the USA - Our lavender chamomile pet shampoo is pH balanced, alcohol free, paraben free, PEG-80 free, and is highly recommended for cleaning, conditioning, detangling, & moisturizing coats
- Calming Formula – This lavender-scented pet shampoo is great for cleaning dirty coats, coat conditioning & detangling, & skin moisturizing short to long coats. The thick lather rinses off clean & keeps your pet looking and smelling clean
- Less is More - Wahl has a higher concentrate of a coconut-derived sodding agent, which means you don’t have to use as much as other dog shampoos. A little bit of shampoo goes a long way and provides a rich lather that’s easy to rinse off
- Allergy-Friendly - Our dog icon, Rocket, was designed in the image of our family dog Cooper – a golden doodle, who has severe allergies. This is the only shampoo we have found safe and effective. He loves the smell too!
- The Brand Used by Professionals - Wahl has been serving professional vets and groomers for over 50 years. clean, condition fur & hair for a smooth, soft coat. We are a company of animal lovers that want the best for your family member
It readily lathers to wash off stubborn dirt, including outdoor residue that takes the shine off the dog’s coat. More importantly, the ingredients are free from harsh chemicals and additives. It’s effective at driving off fleas and ticks.
Wahl 4-in-1 Shampoo doesn’t dry out the skin, and the scent doesn’t overpower. You can get this shampoo in a 24 oz container, but the big 64 oz bottle ensures you get the best bang for your buck.
- Fantastic for daily wash.
- Gentle lavender scent
- Chamomile scent
- Exceptional value for the price
- Plant-derived ingredients
- Alcohol and paraben-free
- Great for Poodles with allergies.
- It doesn’t stop shedding.
- The smell isn’t long-lasting.
Best Shampoo for a Dirty Poodle – Veterinary Formula Triple Strength
This shampoo is excellent for Poodles that like to roll and play in the dirt. Even if your Poodle isn’t the typical ‘dirty dog,’ you only need a bit to eliminate the awful smells and dirt.
- FOR DIRTY AND SMELLY DOGS – With three times more active cleansing ingredients than other dog shampoos, Veterinary Formula Solutions Triple Strength Dirty Dog Concentrated Shampoo cleans and deodorizes the smelliest and dirtiest dogs
- DIRT REPELLING FORMULA – Our exclusive DirtRepel formula utilizes ionic technology to keep your dog’s coat cleaner, longer; This dog deodorizing shampoo is enriched with wheat protein, shea butter, aloe vera and Vitamin E to moisturize skin and condition coat
- LONG-LASTING FRAGRANCE –The exceptional long-lasting green apple and white tea fragrance in this dog shampoo for smelly dogs has patented fragrance extenders so your clean, soft dog will smell amazing long after bath time is over
- FORMULATED FOR DOGS – This triple action heavy duty dog shampoo is pH balanced for your dog’s sensitive skin; It will not strip natural coat and skin oils and will not wash away topical spot-on flea and tick treatments
- EFFECTIVE & AFFORDABLE – Veterinary Formula Solutions products are created with premium ingredients but available at a price that pet parents can afford; We know your dogs and cats are more than just pets, because we are pet parents too
The formula doesn’t dry the dog because it contains Vitamin E, Aloe Vera, and Shea Butter. Besides, you’ll love the white tea and green apple fragrance that makes your Poodle smell great even after a long period.
You only need to work up a good lather, and your dog will come out fresh as a daisy. Surprisingly, there isn’t a lingering stink, and I was pleasantly surprised at the effectiveness of this shampoo. It is recommended for adventurous, inquisitive Poodles.
- Dirt-repelling formula
- Heavy-duty shampoo
- It doesn’t dry out a dog.
- Doesn’t wash off tick and flea treatment.
- It can be a bit harsh.
- Not for regular use.
Best for Pampered Poodle – Hydra Luxury Care
Hydra Luxury Care is for Poodle owners without a budget. First, the smell is simply out of this world. Even after three days, your dog will still smell great.
- COAT MAINTENANCE: This salon-grade pet wash is infused with chamomile to provide hydration while alleviating dry skin and enhancing shine and softness. The formula is both easy to rinse and quick to dry, making bath time pleasant and stress-free.
- CHAMOMILE AND MINT DOG SHAMPOO: Chamomile is soothing to the skin and helps reduce irritation while detangling hair and fur. Our puppy wash is unscented and free of dyes, sulfates, and allergens. The mix of chamomile and mint helps eliminate odor.
- STRESS-FREE: Having a positive bathing routine in between visits to the groomer can help promote healthy skin, a tangle-free coat, and reduced stress for your pet when visiting the groomer. The pleasant experience will encourage your pet to enjoy grooming.
- PET BONDING: Grooming your pet at home is a way to form a deeper emotional bond with them. Using Hydra Luxury Care during bath time can strengthen the relationship you have with your pet. Enjoy playing with your sweet pet while they get fresh.
- DETANGLE: Our moisturizing cat and dog wash will provide your pet’s coat with the proper lubrication to allow brushes to pass smoothly through their fur or hair, reducing matting. It also strengthens hair follicles, reducing damage and frizz.
Hydra Luxury Care has a range of doggy products. Still, this shampoo is designed to moisturize and hydrate with oatmeal extracts that revitalize your Poodle’s coat. It’s a salon-grade product that offers a tangle-free coat and prevents shedding.
Recommended for use between grooming sessions.
- Rejuvenates dog coat.
- It contains antioxidants to soothe itchy skin.
- It contains grapeseed oil to enhance fur softness.
- Small size.
- On the pricey side.
Best Value – Paws and Pals
The delicious-smelling Paws & Pals Oatmeal Shampoo is an exotic blend of scents and luxurious lather to give your Poodle’s coat that soft sheen. The product contains natural oils and vitamins that don’t irritate the eyes. It’s arguably the best shampoo for Poodles because it keeps their fur vibrant and without residue.
- THE MOST EFFECTIVE NATURAL PET SHAMPOO FOR YOUR LOYAL COMPANION: Our Pet Wash Shampoo is a premium coat and skin treatment that comes directly to you and your pet without sacrificing vegan and organic principles or quality. Our delicate balance of essential oils forms the foundation of a veterinarian recommended coat care regimen.
- QUALITY SHAMPOO FOR YOUR DOG WITHOUT COMPROMISE: Your dog is a loving member of your family, does he or she not deserve the best when it comes to caring for their coat and skin. At Paws & Pals, we have developed a cleansing shampoo that not only respects the environment as well as nature but ensures that in doing so your pet has the best possible skin care and coat treatment available.
- NOURISHING FORMULA: Our shampoo includes oatmeal, which will help moisturize and soothe itchy skin. It may also help relieve symptoms of allergies, hot spots, dry skin, and will also clean, deodorize, and soften your pet’s coat. Our pet wash cleaner also contains all natural ingredients such as aloe & ingredients which occur organically such as pro-vitamin B5. They assist in hydrating, healing and protecting your pet’s coat and skin.
- TEAR-FREE SOAPLESS FORMULA TURNS BATHTIME INTO PLAYTIME: Our tear-free formula is the result of natural oils, vitamins, and extracts that do not irritate or inflame your dog's eyes or nose, ensuring that bath time is a fun and playful experience for you both. (we cannot guarantee a splash, free experience.)
- MADE IN THE USA – Please note that sensitivities vary for each pet. Please monitor your dog for any adverse reactions caused by allergic or unexpected occurrences.
It also features a detangling formula to prevent knots and ensure your pet stays fluffy. Paws and Pals don’t inflame the eyes or irritate the skin; you’ll love the gentle rosemary and aloe vera extract on your dog.
- It helps with itchy skin.
- Works as regular shampoo.
- Requires small application to lather.
- The vanilla and almond aroma is amazing.
- Tear-free formula.
- Contains sulfates.
Best for Poodle Puppies – Oster Oatmeal Essentials
Introducing your Poodle puppy to bathing at the earliest possible time is essential. Puppies are quick learners and accepting, and you can eliminate future struggles using Oster Oatmeal Essentials.
- Oatmeal shampoo for dogs effectively cleans and soothes skin
- Specially formulated for puppies 8 weeks and older
- Enriched with wheat protein, 100% natural oatmeal extract, rosemary leaf extract, and humectants
- Long-lasting Baby Powder scent keeps your pet smelling fresh
- Made with natural, pH-balanced, and biodegradable ingredients; contains no alcohol, parabens, or dyes
This shampoo is designed for dogs around eight weeks old and is fortified with wheat protein and rosemary leaf extract. It also includes wheat protein to prevent shedding, and the scent will make your pup smell like a delicious dessert!
Besides, the shampoo is made with natural ingredients that are biodegradable and contains no dye, alcohol, or parabens. Your puppy’s coat is sure to feel soft, and the gentle ingredients work best for sensitive skin.
- Gentle on puppy skin.
- Great for rashes.
- 100% natural oatmeal extract
- pH balanced formula
- Very strong scent.
Best Scent – TropiClean Dog Shampoo
This shampoo from Tropiclean is fantastic for adult and puppy Poodles. The formula contains coconut and papaya –tropical fruits that ensure the dog’s coat is healthy and soft.
- REDUCES TANGLING – Shampoo quickly smooths the dog's hair follicle, helping to remove mats & tangles with ease
- QUICK DRY – Absorbs excess water & helps break water surface tension
- ADDED LIFT – Lifts coat for maximum volume and shape
- MADE IN THE USA – We proudly manufacture and ship our products with only the highest quality, naturally derived ingredients.
- MADE WITH NATURALLY DERIVED INGREDIENTS – TropiClean defines ingredients to be naturally derived if they are either naturally-occurring raw materials or are adapted from naturally-occurring plant or mineral based raw materials.
Moreover, mango, yucca, aloe extracts, and kiwi combine to make the coat easy to clean and brush. This shampoo lathers quickly and is fantastic for sensitive skin. It doesn’t contain soap, ensuring your topical treatments remain effective.
TropiClean is cruelty-free, doesn’t contain dye or paraben, and is suitable for dogs three months and above.
Interestingly, the scent isn’t the strongest but lingers for long and smells amazing. This shampoo is the ideal choice for Poodles with itchy, sensitive skin.
Moreover, the low price makes it a no-brainer for dog owners who’d like to give their pets some executive five-star treatment.
- It contains a mix of natural ingredients.
- It helps with sensitive skin and reduces itches.
- It makes the coat soft for brushing.
- Safe for regular use.
- Fantastic fragrance.
- Packaging easily breaks apart.
- Content could be more for the price.
Best for Skin Infection – Antibacterial & Antifungal Shampoo
No pet owner asks for this rite of passage, but it sometimes happens that your beloved Poodle can’t stop getting the ticks and fleas with no solution in sight.
- RESCUES PETS FROM COMMON SKIN PROBLEMS: Unique dog skin shampoo treats the causes of itching, scratching, and redness at their source! Stop your pet from itching and scratching by using the right shampoo.
- VETERINARY GRADE FORMULA: Veterinary grade formula creates the perfect anti-allergy shampoo for dogs and cats. Provides quick and effective treatment of common skin problems.
- LOW COST ALTERNATIVE: Try our medicated dog shampoo for allergies and itching if you have previously tried costly prescription medicated shampoo for dogs. If you're not satisfied, you can return the product for a full refund.
- MADE IN USA: Our powerful dog shampoo for is produced in our local, federally regulated facility in the USA. Protect your dog's health with the very best quality.
- HIGHLY EFFECTIVE TREATMENT: Tired of seeing your poor puppy itch and scratch? The highly effective active ingredients in our shampoo can make annoying itching and allergic scratching go away fast.
This shampoo is your best bet for adult fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. It’s a sensitive skin formula that contains oatmeal, lanolin, and aloe vera to protect your dog while removing scales, dirt, and dandruff.
The shampoo has chlorhexidine and ketoconazole, both effective against bacteria, fungus, pyoderma, and ringworm. The passion fruit scent rids the Poodle of foul odors, always ensuring your dog smells fresh.
- Treats skin infection.
- Medicated shampoo is mild on the skin.
- Has a refreshing passion fruit scent.
- Not the best deodorant.
- Can be harsh on pups.
Best Sulfate-free Shampoo – Pro Pet Works
This organic 5-in-1 shampoo is the ultimate dandruff defender for your beloved Poodle. It has premium ingredients, including aloe vera gel, organic almond oil, and oatmeal.
- 🐶ORGANIC ALL NATURAL PLANT BASED FORMULA: Featuring ingredients like Aloe Vera Gel, Organic Almond Oil, Oatmeal, and Vitamins A, D, E, and B12, our unique and special blend was carefully formulated and expertly crafted to be safe for pets with sensitive skin. Our solution works as a detangler to detangle hair for easy brushing, is safe for daily use, and helps eliminate that oh-so-familiar wet dog smell. Give your pet relief from hot spots and itching with our effective shampoo and conditioner.
- 🐱PREMIUM QUALITY: Made using only the finest ingredients available, our formulation is paraben-free, cruelty-free, sulfate-free, alcohol-free, and soap-free. The Aloe Vera Gel in our formula contains twenty (20) of the twenty-two (22) amino acids that pets need that usually only come from the food they eat. To top it off, our products are made right here in the USA!
- 🐕MULTIPET USE: Our one-of-a-kind, 5-in-1 oatmeal shampoo and conditioner is not just great for dogs - use our blend on your cat/kitten, rabbit, guinea pig, or ferret. Preserving the natural oil production of your pet, continuous use of our formula will provide your pet with a long-lasting, beautiful coat that you'll absolutely love!
- 🐈UNIQUE INGREDIENTS: What sets our blend apart are the ingredients we use. Soothing Aloe Vera Gel and Almond Oil synergistically work together to effectively help relieve skin issues and treat your pet's dry skin by keeping it hydrated. It's even good for deshedding for a healthier coat for your pet!
- 🐶GREAT FOR GROOMING: Our moisturizing shampoo and conditioner help keep skin cells healthy, protect the skin against UV damage, and help the skin repair itself quickly thanks to the Vitamin E found in the Almond Oil. Fatty Acids in our formula help skin retain moisture to assist in healing chapped and irritated skin. Give your fluffy friend the gift of beauty and relief with our cutting edge solution!
These ingredients are specially designed for easy brushing and a shinier coat. More importantly, the blend contains zero harmful components, with a pleasant fruity scent.
You only need a little to get this shampoo going! It doesn’t have the most delightful fragrance, but the smell improves after washing your doggo.
- Deep-cleansing formula.
- Doesn’t contain harmful chemicals.
- High-quality natural ingredients.
- Makes the coat lustrous and healthy.
- Reduces itching.
- The scent isn’t for everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most popular FAQs and answers for my selected Poodle Shampoo products.
Can I use human shampoo on my Poodle?
Human shampoos have different pH values than animal shampoos and can harm a Poodle. Always use dog shampoo to keep your Poodle’s skin healthy and dandruff-free.
How often should a Poodle be bathed?
Poodles, like any other dog, need a regular bath. However, you must bathe your dog at least once in three weeks, which is the barest minimum to keep their coat healthy.
Does my Poodle need a conditioner?
A Poodle’s coat is unlike any other dog and requires a conditioner to keep it soft and tangle-free.
Poodles are beautiful, affectionate dogs that require much care and attention. The tightly packed nature of their coat makes it essential to use shampoo and scrub thoroughly to rid your dog of offensive odors.
The shampoos on this list are the best in their class, and while I recommend Healthy Breeds Dog Shampoo, you can’t go wrong with the products above.